January Transfers 2019/20

sne

See there are talks that Inter Milan are due to sign Giroud. With them signing Sanchez and Lukaku in the summer, along with having Martinez, is there a striker there that could be on his way out? 

Only name I know is Barbosa who has just come back from Flamengo in Brazil, having been named South American Footballer of the Year. Surely some takers even if it seems he struggled at Inter and Benfica and Inter have seemingly already replaced him. Seems he can play as a 1st striker, 2nd striker and winger could be a good option to have and at 23 has a long future ahead of him.

Could he be an option or would that be complete fantasy? Probably, but maybe Spurs are looking at him instead of Piatek? No idea but thought I would suggest something other than Beneteke... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Taylor gets a lot of stick on here but I think he’s solid, no frills, gets his job done, doesn’t moan. Ayew on the other hand, moans until the cows come home, he has ability but he doesn’t make the most of it

Agree completely except for the parts in bold 

• Haha 4

A big no to Benteke, he's shite and pissed off on us a season too early to join Liverpool and ruined his career. Get someone with drive and desire up front who will give everything not some washed up injury prone striker who can't score...

• Like 1

Wish Jesus and the team would just stop pissing about and get the Akinfenwa deal done.  We some presence up top! 

Edit - here’s hoping Sky jumps on this and I then see it on the yellow ticker later!  :clap:

2 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

See there are talks that Inter Milan are due to sign Giroud. With them signing Sanchez and Lukaku in the summer, along with having Martinez, is there a striker there that could be on his way out? 

Only name I know is Barbosa who has just come back from Flamengo in Brazil, having been named South American Footballer of the Year. Surely some takers even if it seems he struggled at Inter and Benfica and Inter have seemingly already replaced him. Seems he can play as a 1st striker, 2nd striker and winger could be a good option to have and at 23 has a long future ahead of him.

Could he be an option or would that be complete fantasy? Probably, but maybe Spurs are looking at him instead of Piatek? No idea but thought I would suggest something other than Beneteke... 

Barbosa will more than likely attract a CL / EL side, linked with chelsea

they also have Esposito breaking through but he's only 17

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Wish Jesus and the team would just stop pissing about and get the Akinfenwa deal done.  We some presence up top! 

Edit - here’s hoping Sky jumps on this and I then see it on the yellow ticker later!  :clap:

Does he still play??? Absolute legend. The man is a fridge. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

People moan about Glen Murray but I’d say he’d have a bigger positive impact on our season than CB would have. 

🤨🤔😑😐😀😁😂🤣

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m amazed how many people believe, against all recent evidence that Benteke “might” score goals for us. Wesley was getting dogs abuse and yet was averaging around 1 goal in every 3 games. Wesley is also new to this team, league and country but has been afforded little or no slack from many posters. I think the nostalgic light may be blinding to some. Thanks for the memorial Christian but I can’t see opposing defences looking at him with misty eyes nostalgia and letting him have a few free shots just for old times sake. 

The argument I hear a lot is that he’d be ok if we sign another striker too. Well I hope we do sign a top striker, but why waste the second striker spot on sentiment. Surely that's what a £5 million punt on a young up and coming player is for, not for an injury hit 30 year old. People moan about Glen Murray but I’d say he’d have a bigger positive impact on our season than CB would have. 

He's still highly rated by Martinez. 

The fact he's getting game time and scoring for Belgium speaks volumes. 

If we get him in on loan it's a better gamble than Drinkwater or Reina who haven't played football in years 

1 minute ago, sne said:

Tosun to Palace a done deal and Giroud has apparently agreed personal terms with Inter.

Neither of which may effect us in any way, but it might.

You've got this journalism shit absolutely nailed sne!  Do a brief article based on the above and it'll be published somewhere :D 

• Haha 2