January Transfers 2019/20

sne

If Wesley played for Palace he'd score less than Benteke has done, and that isn't a criticism of Wesley, it's the way Palace play, everything has to go through Zaha and he tries to do pretty much everything himself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Benteke would finish the season as our top scorer if he joined imho.

I think we have yet to see this years team playing with a bona fida striker - which I believe Benteke still is as Wesley just didnt play as a traditional striker.

I think we would be pleasantly surprised by how effective the team could be with a proper target man who gets in the box and doesnt hide from getting into goal scoring positions. Jack could focus on being a provider rather than bearing the burden of having to score all our goals too.

Benteke is still an international calibre striker. Sometimes players and clubs just dont mix. At Villa I do think he would rediscover that magic

Honestly dude why has he only scored 19 goals in 98 appearances for Palace and 5 in last 3 seasons or 1 last April and the previous goal the previous April? I figure you know this like all the other Benteke cheerleaders or is you don't and you just have good feeling? This is is madness. You want to shit away our chances of staying in this league on good feelings about Benteke? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

If Wesley played for Palace he'd score less than Benteke has done, and that isn't a criticism of Wesley, it's the way Palace play, everything has to go through Zaha and he tries to do pretty much everything himself.

Actually Ayew would be legit better signing than Benteke but people don't like him and have hard on for Benteke

Ayew would cost a lot more money than Benteke, he's played in pretty much every game for Palace this season. Benteke is actually injured at the moment.

Edited by useless
  • Haha 1

Lots of talk about Benteke, apologies if I have missed them, but has there been any real concrete links that this could seriously happen ?

I for one hope it does, I wouldn't usually clamour for signing ex players and I realise Christian's form has plummeted since he left us - but I personally think he could and would work well with our current line up.

It may be my heart more than my head, who knows, maybe it's just the desperation of our need for a new striker, probably two strikers but I would love it if he came here on a 6 months on loan (along with a higher calibre striker of course).

• Like 1

Poaching either striker from a club that has the 2nd worst scoring record in the league, less than 1 goal per game probably isn't the best idea.

Neither would be mentioned if they hadn't previously played here and it's no wonder Palace are looking to bring in new attackers.

Don't see anyone scrambling to get us to sign Connor wickham.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Actually Ayew would be legit better signing than Benteke but people don't like him and have hard on for Benteke

Ayew has done pretty well for Palace since he joined, i told a Palace supporting mate that Ayew was a sulking waste of time, but he seems to score some really exceptional goals for them, although still nothing in between wonder goals and contributing nothing.

8 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Lots of talk about Benteke, apologies if I have missed them, but has there been any real concrete links that this could seriously happen ?

I for one hope it does, I wouldn't usually clamour for signing ex players and I realise Christian's form has plummeted since he left us - but I personally think he could and would work well with our current line up.

It may be my heart more than my head, who knows, maybe it's just the desperation of our need for a new striker, probably two strikers but I would love it if he came here on a 6 months on loan (along with a higher calibre striker of course).

Matt Law said we enquired about him but Palace said no to a loan only if we buy him.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Honestly dude why has he only scored 19 goals in 98 appearances for Palace and 5 in last 3 seasons or 1 last April and the previous goal the previous April? I figure you know this like all the other Benteke cheerleaders or is you don't and you just have good feeling? This is is madness. You want to shit away our chances of staying in this league on good feelings about Benteke? 

I'm really looking at it based on his attributes and what I have seen him do. When he attacks a high ball with intent he is still as good as anyone. He has an eye for a goal, can bully defenders and can finish. Palace do not score a lot of goals and I do genuinely think we can provide better service for him than they do if we play to his strengths.

On top of this I also think that a team, hovering above relegation zone in January with a blatant need for a striker is about the worse scenario for signing players. Good players wont be sold by their clubs, many players dont want to be involved in a relegation dog fight, and all clubs will exploit our desperation for a striker. I really dont think we are in a position to be very fussy and think Benteke is about as good as we can hope for.

Of course as some folk have commentated, there is zero indication that we are in for him so this entire exchange could prove moot!

• Like 1

Got a man on the ground at BMH, says SSN  camera's are there, he's seen a couple of range rovers go in, a huracan performate with Italian plates go in. There was gold mondeo with chinese plates turned away earlier, he parked up, that chap is selling genuine Rolex Daytona's on the carpark £80 each, absolute bargain, says bloke looks familiar and is high as a kite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is the reality of the situation that I feel more than partly guilty of for giving oxygen for several pages but only because literally dumbfounded. 

Villa interested in unknown 29 yr old striker with recent history of bad injuries and only 5 goals in 3 seasons

Many Villa fans: Boooooo shit signing. We are a joke club with no ambition

Vs 

Villa interested in signing Benteke

Many Villa fans: I would take him back. Would score for us. The fans would get behind him. He just needs to be loved

Absolute sentimental madness 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Got a man on the ground at BMH, says SSN  camera's are there, he's seen a couple of range rovers go in, a huracan performate with Italian plates go in. There was gold mondeo with chinese plates turned away earlier, he parked up, that chap is selling genuine Rolex Daytona's on the carpark £80 each, absolute bargain, says bloke looks familiar and is high as a kite.

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Ayew was actually good for us in our season with him in the premier league, got unfairly criticized just because of his sad looking countenance.

Exactly, he was one of the few who really gave a shit when we were going down and provided a few bits of quality.  Never really understood why he wasn't liked.  I would take him back but there's no chance and probably similar players out there in Europe.  I'd also happily take Benteke on loan, if he scored an early goal for us his confidence would go through the roof.  I think he is one of those players who likes being loved.  Benteke on loan and a permanent, mobile striker capable of playing wide would be decent imo.