January Transfers 2019/20

sne

2 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Actually we could loan all 3 because Reina is not from the Premier League. I'm sure Reina would'nt be a loan anyway!

New loan rules were introduced for the 2019-20 season by the Premier League, with further restrictions implemented on how top-flight clubs can loan from other sides.

They state that:

• Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
  • The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
  • Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
  • A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club.

fbhttps://www.goal.com/en-sa/news/football-loan-transfer-rules-premier-league-guidelines/1kbkbnfluqauo1jpdowcm1pimp

Just taken from the internet thou so might be wrong.

As dreamy as it would be, I've resigned myself to the likelihood that Benteke most probably will not be returning. I've just had second thoughts since writing that first sentence, maybe it will happen after all, didn't realise we were allowed more than two loans if one was from 'abroad'.

Edited by useless
Or maybe not, don't think we'd pay want Palace would want for him, if a loan is out of the question.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-youngster-eddie-nketiah-lined-21251720

Arsenal youngster Eddie Nketiah lined up for loan transfer by Aston Villa and Norwich

Arsenal striker Eddie Nketiah is set to leave the Gunners on loan again this month - with three Championship sides and two Premier League teams in the race

• Like 1

If we are looking to Benteke as our only hope of avoiding relegation then I’d be seriously concerned. I’m not in favour of seeing him at Villa again, but if it does happen then I’d prefer a loan to the end of the season, give him chance to prove he’s not finished. We absolutely do need a proven striker that can score goals and remain fit. Someone with the energy to run his balls off for the team, not just stand around the penalty area waiting for the ‘right’ service. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

Oh fair enough. I understood there was a different rule from foreign clubs. Sorry for the mis-info then

Thb I'm not 100% this is correct 

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Would he? It would be a big risk to potentially gamble our PL survival on an out of form player with an injury record.

Also, would you be happy with the Benteke signing if he didn't have any history with the club?

Im not saying snap him up. I’m saying I would rather Benteke than nobody. There will always be a chance we can’t land our targets so will have to go for last resorts. 

No I wouldn’t want him if he had no history with the club. 

• Like 1

I was watching some highlights of Nketiah yesterday evening thinking to myself that he reminds me somewhat of Abraham, only problem perhaps is that Arsenal recalled from Leeds because they felt he wasn't getting enougth game time, not sure how much he'd get with us, but I'd be surprised if we were to bring him in as first choice, or even if we'd bring him at all without an option to buy.

I think Nketiah would still get game time, especially if we end up getting a foreign striker who may need time to adapt. Arsenal know we don't have a striker so may give us the player. We then at least have more time to find a main striker

12 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Romance in football would be getting a talented footballer who is a Villa fan back like Albrighton. Not a mercenary like Benteke who's gone to shit. Y'all complain about Smith constantly but suddenly if we got Benteke he'd be not shit like whole career at Palace or it would be Smith's fault?

Well if he flopped it would be smith and co’s fault. We’re just crazy fans with crazy suggestions! They’re the ones that are accountable for the decisions. 

Given our desperation for a new striker, I would expect that if we were going to go for the likes of Nketiah we would have already made a move.

Hopefully we are holding out for one of our first choice targets, which is why it is taking longer than hoped.

• Like 1

There's a good chance that Arsenal might feel that less game time in the premier league would trump more game time in the championship, in terms of his development. But we'd have to go back on our pledge not loan in players without an option to buy, unless we made an exception for this window given the situation we find ourselves in, unless Arsenal are prepared to let us have an option to buy, in which case it would matter how much we played him.

• Like 1

Benteke would finish the season as our top scorer if he joined imho.

I think we have yet to see this years team playing with a bona fida striker - which I believe Benteke still is as Wesley just didnt play as a traditional striker.

I think we would be pleasantly surprised by how effective the team could be with a proper target man who gets in the box and doesnt hide from getting into goal scoring positions. Jack could focus on being a provider rather than bearing the burden of having to score all our goals too.

Benteke is still an international calibre striker. Sometimes players and clubs just dont mix. At Villa I do think he would rediscover that magic

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Nketiah, not good enough Championship Leeds, no chance.

oh Nketiah we will never know ?

{sign all the players with Elton John songs attached to them)  

Edit: There could be something in this - we have Daniel already 

• Like 2