January Transfers 2019/20

sne

7 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I'm really looking at it based on his attributes and what I have seen him do. When he attacks a high ball with intent he is still as good as anyone. He has an eye for a goal, can bully defenders and can finish. Palace do not score a lot of goals and I do genuinely think we can provide better service for him than they do if we play to his strengths

How many games have you watched him play at Palace last few seasons? Honest answer please

36 minutes ago, useless said:

If Wesley played for Palace he'd score less than Benteke has done, and that isn't a criticism of Wesley, it's the way Palace play, everything has to go through Zaha and he tries to do pretty much everything himself.

Well palace havnt been serving Teke or playing to his strengths.

I think it would be smart to bring Teke back here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

This is the reality of the situation that I feel more than partly guilty of for giving oxygen for several pages but only because literally dumbfounded. 

Villa interested in unknown 29 yr old striker with recent history of bad injuries and only 5 goals in 3 seasons

Many Villa fans: Boooooo shit signing. We are a joke club with no ambition

Vs 

Villa interested in signing Benteke

Many Villa fans: I would take him back. Would score for us. The fans would get behind him. He just needs to be loved

Absolute sentimental madness 

Some choice quotes from when we signed Mings last Jan:

"I hope that 1m isbollocks personally its a crazy amount for a player who has hardly played for 6 months. I would prefer a loan deal for 18montha for that price"

"Again I am questionning out scouting setuo."

"Hope this is a pay per play deal!"

"Surely a solid chance he'll fail a medical?"

"Hoping we don't fudge this one through out of desperation....."

"Big lad by the looks of it. Cant run by sounds of it. But neither could God"

I don't know if I have a point, but I was interested to look. If I have a point it's that it's hard to predict how things would go. The Palace fans certainly don't seem to like him. He was out for a while though and it seems tough for anyone to get some form together when coming off the bench (I believe he started a couple of games around Christmastime).

6 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Some choice quotes from when we signed Mings last Jan:

"I hope that 1m isbollocks personally its a crazy amount for a player who has hardly played for 6 months. I would prefer a loan deal for 18montha for that price"

"Again I am questionning out scouting setuo."

"Hope this is a pay per play deal!"

"Surely a solid chance he'll fail a medical?"

"Hoping we don't fudge this one through out of desperation....."

"Big lad by the looks of it. Cant run by sounds of it. But neither could God"

I don't know if I have a point, but I was interested to look. If I have a point it's that it's hard to predict how things would go. The Palace fans certainly don't seem to like him. He was out for a while though and it seems tough for anyone to get some form together when coming off the bench (I believe he started a couple of games around Christmastime).

U never know I guess.

I imagine there were a lot of similar posts when we brought in Jermain Jenas and Tom Carroll

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

How many games have you watched him play at Palace last few seasons? Honest answer please

Not many but I doubt that he has physically shrunk, and the eye for goal thing is usually something that good strikers retain - it is more often than not a confidence or supply issue that stops them scoring. 

In saying that, im not his agent or his mum so dont have much interest in giving it the hard sell.

I also dont have a crystal ball so not stating any future ability as fact. just stating my opinion for what its worth 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Honestly dude why has he only scored 19 goals in 98 appearances for Palace and 5 in last 3 seasons or 1 last April and the previous goal the previous April? I figure you know this like all the other Benteke cheerleaders or is you don't and you just have good feeling? This is is madness. You want to shit away our chances of staying in this league on good feelings about Benteke? 

Cast on judgement on a player before he's even played in a villa shirt this season is just complete silliness.

One palace don't play to Bentekes strengths, they don't even serve him when everything goes to Zaha.

I just don't understand all this nonsense of not giving Teke the benefit of the doubt, if he joins he deserves the chance to prove us he can be a player here again. Just because a player who has left us has a bad time doesn't mean he can't rediscover himself coming back here after his bad years away.

This constant Benteke attacking is just annoying to be honest, no need for it and again if any player deserves the benefit of the doubt and a chance to prove it is Benteke.

At this rate with our luck of the striker position, we may as well try everything and every type of striker to see which suits us best.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

The limits only apply to players loaned from within your national football association.

It's explained here: https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747 which includes the same limits you pasted, but also says:

With the exception of Welsh clubs competing in the competitions listed under Rule V.6.2, loans from a club in membership of another National Association do not count towards the above quotas.

So Reina can be loaned without affecting our ability to loan other players.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Would anyone take back Ashley Young if it was at all possible? He can play the attacking left back role or either wing? 

He looks bound for Italy and has another twelve months contract extension on the table, if he is prepared to stay where he is and play less often. I doubt that he would be too willing to even consider returning to us. Like Benteke, he couldn't wait to leave us to sign for a "bigger club" when the opportunity to do so arose. He would probably also demand a minimum of a two year contract and that we matched his present sky-high wages. I just think he viewed us as a mere stepping stone.

Turning to Benteke, much the same applies to him. He might be more open to the prospect of a return to us though, especially on loan. He might consider trying to get back to somewhere near the player that he once was, at the club at which he became a fan's favourite. Or he may prefer to sit out his contract, remain in the capital city and mostly sit on a bench for the next 18 months. They say you should never go back, I for one doubt that either of them would, even if we all wanted them to and their present clubs were willing to allow them to move to us during this window.

9 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Well palace havnt been serving Teke or playing to his strengths.

I think it would be smart to bring Teke back here.

i work with a palace fan. he says they have tried EVERYTHING to get him scoring. he would drive him to brum himself

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

With Tosun having a medical at Palace it could mean that Benteke is available, however I hope it means that we are in pole position for Bathshuayi as he has been strongly linked to Palace in this window.

Dan Bardell on the VillaView has just said Benteke is looking like he's available because of To Sun going for medical also.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

i work with a palace fan. he says they have tried EVERYTHING to get him scoring. he would drive him to brum himself

Why would they service Teke when they have Zaha on pitch, you know where the ball is going all the time.

• Like 1

Some mumblings in Swedish media that Union Berlin striker Sebastian Andersson could be on his way to Premier League. Has only six months left on his contract. Seems to be doing a really good season in Bundesliga scoring 8 in 17 and was prolific for Union in zweite Bundesliga last season. Is part of the Sweden squad aswell but doesnt play very often. I havent seen much of him so cant judge if he´ll be able to play i PL.

I can stress he is not linked to Villa at all in the media though. Just highlighting a player that may be on the move.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Why would they service Teke when they have Zaha on pitch, you know where the ball is going all the time.

could you not argue that we play the same way with jack? besides, ayew has scored more than zaha this season so they can clearly get the ball to the striker. i honestly think the benteke we had is dead

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

could you not argue that we play the same way with jack? besides, ayew has scored more than zaha this season so they can clearly get the ball to the striker. i honestly think the benteke we had is dead

The Benteke we had may not be there, yet if three quarters of that guy can be discovered again wouldn't that be worth giving him his chance??

It would still be more than what were getting now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

I am sure they have in a tactical sense - but the missing ingredient is love, they can never love him as much as we would. 

• Haha 1