January Transfers 2019/20

sne

36 minutes ago, thabucks said:

De Marzio is a card carrying serious journalist, he seems to have some connections to Milan too from googling just now. Just going to ask some mates up there whether he's reliable or not...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Rodders said:

If Percy has said no, it would take actualy ITSOTP for me to believe it had happened. 

Not having a go with this comment but didn’t he get quite a fair amount wrong in the summer? If my memory serves me correct which admittedly can be suspect.

Edited by The Inspiration

I am struggling to remember Percy ever getting it wrong. In an industry almost built on lies Percy is a very rare professional indeed. 

That said both Percy and Di Marzio are saying is simply what the club are telling them. 

Maybe Milan/agent are making up stories about our interest to smoke out other suitors or Villa aren't giving anything away because they dont know if it'll happen and they dont want to fuel hype unnecessarily. My money is on the former as a lot about this doesn't ring true. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Open the Piatek thread again to give us all hope! 

I'm sure that i read somewhere if villatalk open a thread on a player joining us then that player is duty bound to give us first refusal 😉

On one hand it'll be the biggest deal villa have ever done for a player that I personally think is currently above our station and would be seen as a massive coup so you can see why they would keep their cards close to their chest and not feed info to journos 

On the other hand it sounds like an unhappy player and a team that want shot of him so you can see why they would use journos to circulate rumours announcing his availability 

Hopeful rather than excited 

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Di Marzio is pretty reliable for European transfers

It's back on boys!

6 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I am struggling to remember Percy ever getting it wrong. In an industry almost built on lies Percy is a very rare professional indeed. 

That said both Percy and Di Marzio are saying is simply what the club are telling them. 

Maybe Milan/agent are making up stories about our interest to smoke out other suitors or Villa aren't giving anything away because they dont know if it'll happen and they dont want to fuel hype unnecessarily. My money is on the former as a lot about this doesn't ring true. 

I thought he bought quite high on the benrahma and particularly kalvin Phillips to us stuff but again as I say might have crossed wires here.

Right, Miceli confirms what Di Marzio is saying, and it's being reported more widely...

https://www.open.online/2020/01/08/reina-saluta-il-milan-aston-villa-sempre-piu-vicina/

"Il portiere verso l’addio, Villans a un passo. Nuova pretendente per l’attaccante polacco

Non solo Piatek. L’Aston Villa fa la spesa a casa Milan ed è vicinissima alla firma di Pepe Reina. Il portiere, 37 anni e una sola presenza quest’anno col Diavolo, sarà liberato a costo zero dai rossoneri. L’ex Napoli dovrà concordare l’ingaggio con i Villans, ma tra le parti c’è grande fiducia. Reina dovrebbe firmare un accordo di sei mesi con rinnovo automatico in caso di salvezza del club a fine campionato."

"The keeper close to goodbye, Villa one step away. New pretenders for the polish attacker

Not only Piatek. Aston Villa are shopping at Milan and are close to signing Reina. The 37 year old keeper has only played once this season for the Devil (Milan), he would get a free transfer from Milan. The ex Napoli player has to agree terms with the Villans, but between the two parties there is good faith. Reina would have to sign a deal for 6 months with an automatic renewal if Villa stay up at the end of the season."

Sounds good to me! Let's see if the British press run with it, still no direct quotes so I'm not getting too excited.

EDIT: Just asked whether Miceli was confirming Piatek as well as Reina, he says yes Piatek offer is real, but Spurs have inquired. Reina could sign today. Let's see :)

Edited by romavillan
  • Like 4

Di Marzio were first to report Gollini going to Atlanta on a permanent and Sanchez going to Fiorentina, they also reported our interest in El Ghazi back in 2016 when Xia first took over. Last summer they stated that a representive from Juventus was talking to us over a deal for Mattia Perin, I suppose that could have been true but the deal didn't happen of course.

His agent is Szymon Pacanowski who also has Linetty, Bednarek & Bereszynski as their biggest names.

No idea where I'm going with this information but yeah. :D 

6 minutes ago, sne said:

His agent is Szymon Pacanowski who also has Linetty, Bednarek & Bereszynski as their biggest names.

No idea where I'm going with this information but yeah. :D 

In other news it’s a bright but cold day in The Highlands. 😎

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

On one hand it'll be the biggest deal villa have ever done for a player that I personally think is currently above our station and would be seen as a massive coup so you can see why they would keep their cards close to their chest and not feed info to journos 

On the other hand it sounds like an unhappy player and a team that want shot of him so you can see why they would use journos to circulate rumours announcing his availability 

Hopeful rather than excited 

I don’t think it will happen either. But equally it isn’t totally far fetched. No doubt the Grealish highlight reels are being watched across the world, and Villa are starting to be seen as a proper Premier League club again. I doubt we’re seen as a total dead end for an ambitious player.

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

I don’t think it will happen either. But equally it isn’t totally far fetched. No doubt the Grealish highlight reels are being watched across the world, and Villa are starting to be seen as a proper Premier League club again. I doubt we’re seen as a total dead end for an ambitious player.

Plus, while other teams are interested, how much of that is real, agents putting out the word or a scout seen a couple times at the ground.  It’s money on the table shows if there is real interest.  Plus PL is a big attraction for foreign players whatever club it is.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has the option to be undisputed starter here or backup at Spurs and live in London. Spurs don't pay big either 

Plus he'd get to play shit football under Mourinho. He'd fare much better playing in the same team as Grealish.

• Like 1