January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Goalkeeper Pepe Reina reportedly agrees terms to join Aston Villa from AC Milan

Might not be long till its officially announced now, what's this our 7th keeper?? only another 18 to sign till we have an official keeper squad we can play.

Crazy football should be a thing.

9 hours ago, TRO said:

I too was so pleased with that.....apart from the howler......it was a mature and professional shut out....The back 3 were magnificent & The Goalie

If we had of played similar in some of the away games we would be points better off.

Ah Well, Dean has seen it and proved he can do it( tighten up)......few more additions and the future looks more encouraging.

Professional job all round, tonight

If we had played with 3 at the back from the start we would be poins better off. Much tighter

• Like 2

I think it would be harsh for Reina to go in to the first team considering Nyland has done really well in all his appearances this season. That said, I'd still sign Reina as he's reportedly not going to cost a transfer fee, and we are a Nyland injury away from Kalinic starting! Bring Reina in as competition and sell Kalinic for whatever we can get for him.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Knutserov13 said:

I guess John Guidetti is up for grabs. Not a very good footballer but alot of attitude and would run his socks off chasing everything. 

Like my dog!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Still sounds as though we are hoping to have a forward in by the weekend, so there must be some action going on that is keeping very quiet.  If we are going to get a first choice and a back-up I really hope we get someone exciting before a clogger.  I know it doesn't always work that way but the (striker) names touted about so far fill me mostly with depression.

• Like 2

I'd be happy with Reina as he's an established top level GK (albeit getting on a bit) but at 37, the same age as Friedel when we signed him and he was probably our last truly top GK. 

Reina should have to wait for his opportunity initially though - Nyland has been outstanding in the couple of games he has played and does not deserve to be dropped at this moment. 

• Like 1