January Transfers 2019/20

sne

5 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Still sounds as though we are hoping to have a forward in by the weekend, so there must be some action going on that is keeping very quiet.  If we are going to get a first choice and a back-up I really hope we get someone exciting before a clogger.  I know it doesn't always work that way but the (striker) names touted about so far fill me mostly with depression.

I'm not seeing anything yesterday or today about any striker news, the last was about Jay Rodriguez and Britt Assombalonga.

If I had to have one of the two it would be Rodriguez, most fans here dislike him because of the way he's been with us, yet i bet once here he'd be fine. The thing I feel about Rodriguez is his work rate is absoloute great, he somehow always manages to pop up eith a goal when you least expect him to and teams dread him. I know every time Jay appears against us I think oh no here we go again. To have Jay as a back up striker, yes back up may not be such a bad idea in itself, I'd still want a main striker over him.

Do not want Britt Asombalonger at all, no because he's injury prone it seems.

Edited by Dave-R

52 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Someone catch me up then. So far we’ve signed Danny Drinklager, likely to sign Pepe Reina, and the Barcelona kid. Linked withJay Rodriguez, Piatek and Batshuayi.

Have I missed anything else? 

Rudy Gestede and Assombalonga 

13 minutes ago, Villastine said:

Based on what?? He's played about as much football as Drinkwater in the last 2 years. 

He was a regular at Napoli and was a regular for them in 2018, only kept out at Milan by Donnarumma who is bizarrely worshipped by that club and guaranteed to start at all costs. On top of that Reina has fantastic pedigree and there's no evidence he is a shot keeper.

Nyland on the other hand, whilst doing well, was a total disaster last season and I would personally feel more secure with Reina between the sticks.

Just now, wilko154 said:

Really hoping we suddenly pull a world class striker out of the bag this week.

Just a random announcement from nowhere.

Maybe Piatek was a smokescreen for another Polish striker. Welcome Robert

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

Kodjia plus £5m for Lolley? 

Whilst I'm not sold on Lolley, I think he would be an improvment on Trez and el Ghazi (I dont think they'd sell anyway). 

In all seriousness, bringing in a few Villa fans to help fight the cause wouldn't be the worst thing ever. Bowen (well, his dad supports us), Lolley and Albrighton would improve us. Doubt we'll sign any of them though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

The Rodriguez rumours are hopefully bull though - not scored regularly at this level for years now and we must get better. Maybe as backup I'd take him but not first choice if we're going to survive this season. 

Can't really see why he'd move as back up from Burnley when he's first off the bench if anything happens to their front two to the bench here.

If he's coming as first choice you wonder who on earth we were supposed to be targeting over last few months.

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Whilst I'm not sold on Lolley, I think he would be an improvment on Trez and el Ghazi (I dont think they'd sell anyway). 

In all seriousness, bringing in a few Villa fans to help fight the cause wouldn't be the worst thing ever. Bowen (well, his dad supports us), Lolley and Albrighton would improve us. Doubt we'll sign any of them though. 

I would fight for the shirt, I wouldn't be very good though.

Better than Taylor... but not very good.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I'd take a certain Arkadiusz from Napoli...

Saw him linked to Manure for £60m today.

Maybe the papers got them mixed up with us :D