January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Just now, Mic09 said:

I've heard Atletico Today.

He is easily a £50m+ striker. 

Imagine being blessed with strikers like Lewndowski, Milik and Piatek and then having your national side playing with only 1.

They are doing reasonably well thou so I guess it's fine

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Imagine being blessed with strikers like Lewndowski, Milik and Piatek and then having your national side playing with only 1.

They are doing reasonably well thou so I guess it's fine

My national team ;) 

The problem is that they don't work as a 3. 

I wouldn't say we were doing fine though, the football is ugly as ever and results are questionable. Oh well, we qualified so I guess I shouldn't moan that much.

On paper that is probably one of the best strike forces in Europe though!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

My national team ;) 

I wouldn't say we were doing fine though, the football is ugly as ever and results are questionable. Oh well, we qualified so I guess I shouldn't moan that much.

I guess they are all most effective as main central strikers?

Can't really have 3 of those at the same time. You have played with 2 up top from time to time thou right?

Any stand out players in the Ekstraklasa currently?

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

My national team ;) 

Manager needs to go full Bruce and play all the strikers

30 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Can't really see why he'd move as back up from Burnley when he's first off the bench if anything happens to their front two to the bench here.

If he's coming as first choice you wonder who on earth we were supposed to be targeting over last few months.

Probably wouldn’t do him much good this season to swap clubs as a backup striker seeing as we’re both fighting relegation, next season could be a different story but that depends on us staying up.

The only striker links I’ve been truly impressed by so far have been Piatek and Batshuayi, maybe Giroud but I’m a bit put off by his age and lack of pace. Those are the sorts of strikers we need to be bringing in though imo, if we don’t it will be a real struggle until the end of the season.  

I think we also owe it to Grealish to bring in a truly class striker as well, it's unfair all his good work going to waste because our strikers are so ineffective. 

Edited by VillaFaninLondon
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, sne said:

I guess they are all most effective as main central strikers?

Can't really have 3 of those at the same time. You have played with 2 up top from time to time thou right?

Any stand out players in the Ekstraklasa currently?

Best system (for me) is Milik up top with Lewy just behind him. Piatek as an impact sub, he likes to score from the bench. 

Zielinski just can't carry the game by himself as a creative midfielder, so I like to see Lewy drop deeper and assist him which is what he usually does anyway. 

I can't comment on stand out players as I don't really watch Ekstraklasa. I honestly think football is better in League 1 and if I'm going to spend my time for entertainment (i.e. watching football) I prefer to see some better quality. 

Dynamo Moscow bought the hottest Polish property in the summer from Legia Warsaw, Sebastian Szymanski. I'd be very surprised if I didn't see him in a top 5 league in the next 3 years. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

This.

Swap deal for Odsonne Edouard. £30m on it's own or chuck in Hogan and increase to £35m to compensate them.

Liked for the concept of Hogan being the opposite of a sweetener in a deal. A bitterner?

• Haha 2