January Transfers 2019/20

sne

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

AVAgent in Twitter (Private account) who doesnt tweet often but is usually on the money, says we have offered for Piatek and it is a legit pursuit.

Cant paste the link as its a protected account.

There will be other suitors but who knows?

Piatek will want to play 90 minutes of football week in and week out before Euro's as well.

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Did deano or someone say we are likely to get a striker before the man city match on the 12th?

Yes - I'm sure I saw that too.  Seems to be getting a little on the tight side now though - do we have till lunchtime tomorrow to get it done?

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Did deano or someone say we are likely to get a striker before the man city match on the 12th?

He said that he would like one - but it may not happen by then.

As is 17.10 on Thursday - I don't think we will have a new striker on sun.

10 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yes we do need Reina. Nyland is doing well, but was awful last season, he can't be definitively trusted for the rest of the season. Kalanic also looked awful last season and can't be trusted as backup. 

Reina has exceptional pedigree and was until fairly recently a first choice keeper at a top Serie A side. Reina could quite easily come in and do for us what Brad Friedel did.

Exactly, I think both would be a similar age when they joined Villa, that is if Reina is done?

Spurs or Villa

CL or relegation battle

London or Brum

José or Smith

In the face of it it would seem like a no brained, practically all we can offer is the guarantee of 1st team football, but depending on how confident this kid is he may feel like he can really stake a claim while Kane is out injured. 

I would clearly love to be proven wrong but I just don't see us being in a position to be signing a player of his profile at this moment in time. 

Edit: I'm a huge fan of Smith so the above wasn't a cheap dig, I simply meant it as in José has a much higher profile. 

Edited by av1

Piatek is only being linked to Tottenham because his name has been in the media the last few days, they're in a position to sign someone better. Whilst I think he'd be a good and exciting signing, I think some might be overrating him somewhat.

18 minutes ago, thunderball said:

AVAgent in Twitter (Private account) who doesnt tweet often but is usually on the money, says we have offered for Piatek and it is a legit pursuit.

Cant paste the link as its a protected account.

There will be other suitors but who knows?

Some of these accounts go private because they don’t like being called out on their BS. They can then just lap up the attention from their disciples. Any account that purports to be an ITK ‘agent’ is guaranteed to be fake. I mean why would real agents even do this, it’s nonsense.

28 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The notion that Nyland is good enough at this level to be our #1 for the rest of the season is madness. And that is coming from someone who likes Nyland.
If you'd have said at the start of the season that Nyland would be our keeper from Jan through to April, people would be spitting feathers and calling you mad. Yes, his performances have improved and he was superb last night, but he has been largely woeful if you look at his tenure at Villa as a whole.

Don't get me wrong, Nyland may have suddenly become a top keeper, but I wouldn't bet our survival on it and the club is absolutely right to be bringing in someone else as competition. 

Precisely. If they bring in Reina and Nyland plays well enough to hold on to the No. 1 job, that would be fantastic, but there's nothing wrong with having capable fallback options. Like the ones we don't have in the midfield or up top should key players get hurt. I'm amazed how many people I've seen on here who are fine with sticking with Nyland because he's played well for roughly 120 minutes after seeing the first team decimated by injuries in recent weeks.

• Like 1

http://sportwitness.co.uk/aston-villa-official-travelled-monday-presented-clubs-big-offer-january-transfer/

Tuttosport has a story about it today in which they put Aston Villa as the main contenders to land the 24-year-old from the Rossoneri.

It’s said a club official was in Milan on Monday, presenting Villa’s intention of making an official bid for the striker. They could offer up to €30m for Piatek, comprised of an initial fee of €28m and another €2m in bonuses.

It’s claimed the Serie A side have given the green light for many players to leave, and this offer would even give them the chance of making a profit with his exit.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Piatek is only being linked to Tottenham because his name has been in the media the last few days, they're in a position to sign someone better. Whilst I think he'd be a good and exciting signing, I think some might be overrating him somewhat.

Have you seen him play?