January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s probably forgotten how to play there after being shunted to full back for Man United

The role is perfect for him, it involves attacking and defending, and he can do both. My only worry would be stamina. It is a tough role.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Only thing that annoys me about the piatek link is it highlights how abhorenntly shocking our scouting is. I mean he's a great talent. Looks the real deal but moves to Genoa from a polish club for 4 million. We are pissing money away on shite is what we've done.

Yep, like that michymoto fella just gone to Liverpool, looks a snip at £7m yet we paid £8m + for Hassan. 

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

Kodjia plus £5m for Lolley? 

No doubt that Lolley would be better than most of our wingers have been this season, but I don't think Forest would let him go so cheap. He hasn't had the best season compared to last year so his value has possibly fallen, but that would only make Forest less willing to sell him. Whether the Kodjia bargaining chip is a big enough swing for Forest I highly doubt. Getting Kodjia out would be good business for the club but only if another striker can replace him in the squad.

So far both Haaland and Minamino have had release clauses in their contracts that's been a lot lower than their market value.

Not unreasonable to expect that the likes of Hee-chan Hwang and Patson Daka also has one. 

Might be standard operations for them and if so could we exploit it?

8 minutes ago, jim said:

Yep, like that michymoto fella just gone to Liverpool, looks a snip at £7m yet we paid £8m + for Hassan. 

We signed loads of those in the summer though. Trez was 8m wasn't he? It's easy to just right him off because his general performances haven't been great but he's still poached a few goals so I do think there's potential in him like a few others but they're all just inexperienced at this level.

Getting in 2-3 solid heads would work wonders for this squad imo and I think we'd stay up pretty comfortably e.g. safe with 2-3 games left.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Has it really been that long? 

I was guessing but LVG turned up in 2014 and started using him at LB and as a wing back so really he last played as a pure left winger in the Moyes season.

In any case he's joining Inter in the summer so just assume he'll stay at Man. United until the summer given they value his dressing room presence.

• Thanks 1

Last Summer was about building a squad ... this January window is about ensuring survival and hopefully next summer will be about adding the vital Quality we desperately need in a few key areas. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rubberman said:

Still sounds as though we are hoping to have a forward in by the weekend, so there must be some action going on that is keeping very quiet.  If we are going to get a first choice and a back-up I really hope we get someone exciting before a clogger.  I know it doesn't always work that way but the (striker) names touted about so far fill me mostly with depression.

I was just hoping for a striker who is renowned for  movement and positioning sense a bit of pace would be very nice too.

• Like 1

posted in Italy with the last 30mins ... 

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/milan-aston-villa-reinas-agent-meets-with-rossoneri-the-latest

Aston Villa continue to target Milan players. After previously making a bid worth €30 million for Piatek, a proposal the rossoneri are pondering, the Premier League club is also pursuing Pepe Reina who has an expiring contract.

The former Liverpool keeper's agent Manuel Garcia Quilon was at Casa Milan today, on his way out he told journalists "Have we reached an agreement for Reina's transfer to Aston Villa? No".

https://sempremilan.com/di-marzio-milan-reflecting-as-aston-villa-place-e30m-offer-for-spurs-linked-striker

However, a bid update has arrived from the reliable Gianluca Di Marzio, as he claims that Villa have firmed up their interest by making a €30m offer for Piatek.

He adds that it would be a permanent transfer, hinting that the deal wouldn’t be a loan with option or obligation to buy, something which may appeal to Milan. The journalist adds that the Diavolo are considering the offer.

How reliable is Gianluca Di Marzio? 

Edited by thabucks

9 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Polish newspapers are running a similar story today. According to them, Piatek has already decided he wants PL football, its down to clubs to agree the details.

Enough to get the topic open again?

Apparently Milan are about to sign Andrea Petagna from SPAL as well which makes it more interesting. 

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 1

Saw somewhere that Spurs might be in for Piatek as a Kane replacement.  If that's only a loan we might still have a chance if they are desperate for cash, but otherwise I can't see us getting it over the line.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Imagine being blessed with strikers like Lewndowski, Milik and Piatek and then having your national side playing with only 1.

They are doing reasonably well thou so I guess it's fine

I've just realised all this time, I've been thinking Piatek is Milik. I wondered why people weren't over the moon we were linked. Mid 30's is hitting me hard.