January Transfers 2019/20

sne

I imagine they'll be looking to get shot of Kodjia if at all possible as he's clearly not in anyone's plans, but that may be difficult depending on how long is left on his contract. 

Even if we don't get rid of Kodjia we've got to get in at least another forward, if not 2 if we can get more of a striker and more of a winger in respectively. 

Kalinic may also be off as right now he's wasting his career doing nothing 

We could do with another CM, and to shift Lansbury, but I can't see either happening. The same is true of both sides at fullback, but again that's not happening until summer at best.

But ultimately at least a striker is needed, ideally that and a winger, and if we can get in a CM somehow we'll have had a great window.

I expect we'll loan a striker from somewhere and that'll be it.

Just now, useless said:

I've only watched a few videos so not the best way to judge but that Glen Kamara that we've been linked with looks a good player and the kind of box-to-box midfielder that we could do with.

He is a good player. I have suggested him on here before 😀

• Thanks 1

How about Nempalys Mendy? Not getting a look in at Leicester behind Ndidi and Choudhury, but is a decent dm who is positionally sound, and who has played quite a lot of premier league football in the last few years and I imagine wouldn't cost too much

• Like 1

watching how both Liverpool & Wolves players harry, close down, always someone looking for the ball, forwards track back, always triangles and passes on, shows just how far below par we are, and just how critical it is we get 2-3 quality signings in Jan.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3

Just now, MaVilla said:

watching how both Liverpool & Wolves payers harry, close down, always someone looking for the ball, forwards track back, always triangles and passes on, shows just how far below par we are, and just how critical it is we get 2-3 quality signings in Jan.

Or how vital to get our basics right. I think the players we have can do much better but agree some strength and potency is required. 

5 hours ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Would get rid of Jota, for sure. Absolutely despise how weak and pathetic he is. Lansbury isn’t at the level either. Both could potentially attract fees from Championship sides if we are savvy enough. 

Would love to get rid of Elmohamady and Taylor, but there wouldn’t be any takers for them. 

would keep Taylor and Elmo at the moment

Trez i would release immediately never seen such a lazy half hearted player,  even  a Sunday league player  in a struggling side  in the Redditch division 3 has in abundance.  Bottle!   

57 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Dortmund signed Haaland.

Wonder if Jacob Brun Larsen might be worth a loan move? Only 21 and will now be third choice behind Haaland and Paco Alacaer. Mind you he hasn't scored in Bundesliga this season and his scoring record isn't great generally.

Good talent. He's a winger, and has just been played as an emergency striker at times when Alcacer and Reus were out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Dortmund signed Haaland.

Wonder if Jacob Brun Larsen might be worth a loan move? Only 21 and will now be third choice behind Haaland and Paco Alacaer. Mind you he hasn't scored in Bundesliga this season and his scoring record isn't great generally.

Good shout ! Just read up on him and apparently wants to leave for first team football 

https://bulinews.com/news/3917/report-jacob-bruun-larsen-wants-leave-dortmund

The reports also claims that Leonardo Balerdi, Dan-Axel Zagadou, Marcel Schmelzer and Mahmoud Dahoud may want to say goodbye to the club to find more playing time elsewhere.

Hulk rumored to go on loan to Espanyol for the remainder of the season.

He'd be a fun signing for us :D 

Sure our fellow Brazilians would enjoy training alongside such a legend. 

33 now but I'm sure he still can kick a ball pretty hard.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Hulk rumored to go on loan to Espanyol for the remainder of the season.

He'd be a fun signing for us :D 

Sure our fellow Brazilians would enjoy training alongside such a legend. 

33 now but I'm sure he still can kick a ball pretty hard.

I do miss having a striker who looks like they could murder their marker!