January Transfers 2019/20

sne

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

It’s not nonsense, we are 1 point from safety not adrift.  

We are struggling at the moment but only halfway through the season.  

Today was incredibly bad and the last few games have been bad but again we are only 1 point from safety.  

Southampton recently got spanked 9-0 by Leicester but have hit a bit of form and climbed out of the bottom three.  We are only 1 point from safety.  

We have transfer window in a few days which the club could make some moves and half a season left.  

Things are grim tonight but nothing we don’t have plenty of time to resolve.

we need to resolve or we will be in massive trouble in a couple of months time but it’s still in our own hands

Wow I'll have whatever you're having. We are being led by a manager who has shown that he doesn't have the know how to put things right, we are only going one way and that's down!

If Mings is not back soon we should try tempt Brighton for Shane Duffy. He seems a bit part player at the moment but he woukd add presence in both boxes. Probably the best attacker of the aerial ball since Laursen

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

If Mings is not back soon we should try tempt Brighton for Shane Duffy. He seems a bit part player at the moment but he woukd add presence in both boxes. Probably the best attacker of the aerial ball since Laursen

This typifies how shite our summer recruitment has been. We signed 4 CB's permanently in the summer, yet the fans feel that we have to go and buy another when one of them is injured.

Honestly, if we had signed Webster, Phillips and Maupay instead of Wesley, Luiz, Nakamba and Engels I think we'd be in  much better position.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I wouldn’t mind us taking a punt on Luke Woolfenden from Luton. I think long term he will improve us, plays at centre back but will be an asset in years to come. 

He plays for Ipswich ;) 

Very good player though i watched him live twice last season when he was at Swindon on-loan.

Edited by Villan4Life

7 hours ago, Bunnski said:

Wow I'll have whatever you're having. We are being led by a manager who has shown that he doesn't have the know how to put things right, we are only going one way and that's down!

Considering the amount of likes I got for my post I’m guessing more people feel like I do.  Just trying to see the positive side despite how bad yesterday was.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I love this long term idea but for now can we just get some players for right now whether loans or perm.  Our whole squad feels like long term projects.....it won’t hurt some experience in there.  I know not the plan by the club but I’m just asking for a couple, say a midfield general, a winger and a striker.  We need a captain in the middle of the park and then we need some pace upfront.

Where I stand also 👍

12 hours ago, nick76 said:

It’s not nonsense, we are 1 point from safety not adrift.  

We are struggling at the moment but only halfway through the season.  

Today was incredibly bad and the last few games have been bad but again we are only 1 point from safety.  

Southampton recently got spanked 9-0 by Leicester but have hit a bit of form and climbed out of the bottom three.  We are only 1 point from safety.  

We have transfer window in a few days which the club could make some moves and half a season left.  

Things are grim tonight but nothing we don’t have plenty of time to resolve.

we need to resolve or we will be in massive trouble in a couple of months time but it’s still in our own hands

Just gonna quote this. So tired of the whining moaning selfentitled toddlers on here screaming the loudest everytime it gets tough and some how think it legitemizes their stance on Smith by spamming the forum with bitching negativity. Unfortunately we can't remove these fans when things are going well. 

So quoted out of childishness, for sense and rationality. 👍🙏🖖

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I love this long term idea but for now can we just get some players for right now whether loans or perm.  Our whole squad feels like long term projects.....it won’t hurt some experience in there.  I know not the plan by the club but I’m just asking for a couple, say a midfield general, a winger and a striker.  We need a captain in the middle of the park and then we need some pace upfront.

No issue with this stance at all and if anything, some experience for six months would be a good influence on the squad. 

No doubt get laughed at, but I wouldn’t be against a six month loan for Matic and Ashley Young.  Matic would give us that experience in the middle and Young could cover left back and left side of midfield. Not sure if Utd would agree to short term loans for either though.

Alternatively, wonder if Terry could convince his mate Frank to loan us a couple? 

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

No issue with this stance at all and if anything, some experience for six months would be a good influence on the squad. 

No doubt get laughed at, but I wouldn’t be against a six month loan for Matic and Ashley Young.  Matic would give us that experience in the middle and Young could cover left back and left side of midfield. Not sure if Utd would agree to short term loans for either though.

Alternatively, wonder if Terry could convince his mate Frank to loan us a couple? 

Good shout. We definitely need leaders. And Matic and Young are. But United would want Grealish in return.

Edited by Danishlad
  • Like 1

We need wingers that carries some sort of threat. We need a CM with a strong physical presens. An experienced CB who leads the line. And a new striker. That's a lot to ask in January. 

Edited by Skruff

I genuinly just think we need a striker, winger and another CM, cause Lansbury, Hourihane and Jota are absolute shit at this level. 

But if I could be greedy I'd want another fullback (ideally one that covers both rb and lb) to rotate as well. Elmo is exactly the sort of quality that gets you relegated. Same can be said for Taylor. 

Whether most of these are loans I don't really care at this point, but preferrably loans with options to buy. 

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I genuinly just think we need a striker, winger and another CM, cause Lansbury, Hourihane and Jota are absolute shit at this level. 

But if I could be greedy I'd want another fullback (ideally one that covers both rb and lb) to rotate as well. Elmo is exactly the sort of quality that gets you relegated. Same can be said for Taylor. 

Whether most of these are loans I don't really care at this point, but preferrably loans with options to buy. 

I think that’s harsh on Connor

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

Good shout. We definitely need leaders. And Matic and Young are. But United would want Grealish in return.

Woodward is all about the marketing, Trezeguet would be more his type of signing 

58 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The last time we tried a long term project we got relegated.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yes, a striker, centre mid and winger are crucial but that's a lot of work for the recruitment staff because they have to get it right.

Totally agree on your assessment of Lansbury, Hourihane and Jota. As I said yesterday, if you take Grealish out of that midfield then we lined up with a midfield that isn't even top 5 standard in the Championship. Jota and Lansbury are piss poor at this level, Hourihane is as well if he's not cropping up with a goal or putting in a good delivery from a freekick.