January Transfers 2019/20

sne

17 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Is that the one when he scores goals 😂

The occational goal doesn't help when you directly contribute to our opposition having 11 shots in one half, or 3-0 losses. He is just championship quality. Just like Lansbury and Jota. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

4 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

This typifies how shite our summer recruitment has been. We signed 4 CB's permanently in the summer, yet the fans feel that we have to go and buy another when one of them is injured.

Honestly, if we had signed Webster, Phillips and Maupay instead of Wesley, Luiz, Nakamba and Engels I think we'd be in  much better position.

Agreed, but there’s two sides to this argument. You can say we were penny wise and pound foolish, spending loads but not enough to get players of the required standard. Conversely we needed so many bodies to fill the squad it would’ve taken the total spend too high. 

On Maupay and Wes the difference was what, 3 million? 

Webster and Philips were quoted to us at 20M each, so roughly 25M more than we paid for Nakamba and Engels - based on paper talk.

If that’s roughly correct we’d have needed to spend 30M or so more to get the plan A’s over the plan B’s or C’s. It’s a lot of money - to us, as fans. In Premier league terms it’s half of a Grealish.

I think many of us based our player pricing/quality expectations on the premier league we left, not the one we rejoined. It’s a painful lesson. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

He plays for Ipswich ;) 

Very good player though i watched him live twice last season when he was at Swindon on-loan.

Yes you’re correct, I was thinking of a player from Luton too the quick left back Zimbabwean forgotten his name though. I think we should bring Bree back too as El-Mohamady shouldn’t play for us again as he just watched and stood for their first goal yesterday.

7 minutes ago, Awol said:

Agreed, but there’s two sides to this argument. You can say we were penny wise and pound foolish, spending loads but not enough to get players of the required standard. Conversely we needed so many bodies to fill the squad it would’ve taken the total spend too high. 

On Maupay and Wes the difference was what, 3 million? 

Webster and Philips were quoted to us at 20M each, so roughly 25M more than we paid for Nakamba and Engels - based on paper talk.

If that’s roughly correct we’d have needed to spend 30M or so more to get the plan A’s over the plan B’s or C’s. It’s a lot of money - to us, as fans. In Premier league terms it’s half of a Grealish.

I think many of us based our player pricing/quality expectations on the premier league we left, not the one we rejoined. It’s a painful lesson. 

Trezeguet & Jota equals Trossard who I really wanted.

Wonder if Man City could be tempted to loan us Angelino? We need bot an upgrade on Targett and a replacement for Taylor and Angelino has way more potential than both.

Granted he's better going forward than defending ( no slouch thou) but fwiw he'd probable be our best winger as well.

Edited by sne

13 minutes ago, sne said:

Wonder if Man City could be tempted to loan us Angelino? We need bot an upgrade on Targett and a replacement for Taylor and Angelina has way more potential than both.

Granted he's better going forward than defending ( no slouch thou) but fwiw he'd probable be our best winger as well.

I was never taken with Angelino, every time I watched him for Man City I thought he was a complete liability for them.  Maybe I was comparing him to the rest of the team and was more our level but I did cringe watching him play for them. 

17 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

You are forgetting.... i suggested on here  both James Maddison & Callum Wilson when both was in League 1 for Coventry on here ;)

I knew both could step up and i feel same about Toney. He is best player in League 1 by some distance.

Must of been asked before, but wtf are you not working for Villa? 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, sne said:

Wonder if Man City could be tempted to loan us Angelino? We need bot an upgrade on Targett and a replacement for Taylor and Angelina has way more potential than both.

If we signed him I'd play him on the wing tbh

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Suso ignored my email I sent him last October 2018. 😃

Suso is a silly bugger then. I feel if you had been part of Villa’s scouting network the squad would have been better.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Mitrovic Bowen Matic and Snoddy, someone with his passion and leadership would be great for what we need.

Moyes wanted Snodgrass back at West Ham when we had him on loan so he won't be going anywhere , plus to be honest another wide player with no pace is not what we need currently.Though he would at least kick a few of the opposition which is far more than we did yesterday 

1 minute ago, Nabby said:

Moyes wanted Snodgrass back at West Ham when we had him on loan so he won't be going anywhere , plus to be honest another wide player with no pace is not what we need currently.Though he would at least kick a few of the opposition which is far more than we did yesterday 

but knowing the genius of David Moyes then we can probably take Lanzini or Anderson from them ;)

We've got 4 premier league quality players, with 4 or 5 who might develop and the rest are never going to be.

Get Jack in the middle and get 2 Wanyama kind of players o play behind him. Get Pedro on loan, and attract as good a wide right/left attacker as we can afford/attract.

And then hope they are not as spineless as yday

2 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

I fear we need players in for 1-5th January latest I don’t think it will happen 

We dont realistically have a league game until the 18th January. Man City is a free hit so we have a bit of time