Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

He was subbed off.

Did okay, looks like a player that hasn't played for a while and it's difficult to judge him as he's not the sort of player that makes loads happen in an U23 game, he looked neat and tidy and had one long range shot that was decent - still a ways off the pace for the first team on this showing.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He was subbed off.

Did okay, looks like a player that hasn't played for a while and it's difficult to judge him as he's not the sort of player that makes loads happen in an U23 game, he looked neat and tidy and had one long range shot that was decent - still a ways off the pace for the first team on this showing.

I suppose it's more a case of how his positioning looked at this point more than anything

On 26/03/2022 at 12:19, VillaParkAvenue said:

After saying months ago Tim was more or less ready, he’s played a total of 8 minutes. Sat on the bench under games where we’ve won 3-0 or 4-0. I’m sure there was an explanation in each case but unless Tim has suddenly regressed in his development, it’s doesn’t seem nearly enough

After he gave him his debut he said “he’s a long term project for us”. I like Iroegbunum a lot and think he may save us £50m on a defensive mid but I don’t expect him to be playing too much before the summer.

9 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

Didn't the Gerrard interview say he would get a shortened run about in this game?

Yes 45 to 60 mins run out and alluded to him being on bench for Tottenham then

5 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Would start him next weekend alongside Luiz and Ramsey. He’s not really the answer to our problems but Gerrard got a tune out of him in those early games when he came in.

Nowhere near fit to start v a team of Spurs quality, he's been out nearly four months.

Leicester in three weeks time more realistic target as assume he'll be on the bench.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Nowhere near fit to start v a team of Spurs quality, he's been out nearly four months.

Leicester in three weeks time more realistic target as assume he'll be on the bench.

He’s been training for ten or more days now and played an hour last night. Train all next week and we could probably get an hour out of him I would have thought.

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

Let's hope he's better than I remember him to be. 

I think he will be, not because he's great or anything but because it's such a big hole in our team that any average DM will make us look better.  I do like Nakamba but I'm not convinced he's the level we need.

Â