Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not really, we didnt push the full backs crazy forward in Gerrard early days 

Makelele on his greatest day couldn't clean up the defensive mess from Gerrard system

I think we did push them forward, but I don’t think Target was confident and when he did he didn’t track back - and Cash wasn’t quite as confident either. The difference is Nakamba filled in massively, whereas for whatever reason the midfield  we currently use don’t have that workrate.

Just now, Dodgyknees said:

I think we did push them forward, but I don’t think Target was confident and when he did he didn’t track back - and Cash wasn’t quite as confident either. The difference is Nakamba filled in massively, whereas for whatever reason the midfield  we currently use don’t have that workrate.

But that made the defensive shape more solid. I like Nakamba but people saying he will make us automically better as he is a defensive midfielder is bullshit. Was the same on here with Luke Young and ReoCoker

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

But that made the defensive shape more solid. I like Nakamba but people saying he will make us automically better as he is a defensive midfielder is bullshit. Was the same on here with Luke Young and ReoCoker

Totally different scenarios, because we were better when Nakamba played in this system. Whether that’s to do with a confident team or Nakamba making a difference we won’t know till he’s back in the team (and has had a run of games). We can’t decide after one game, he needs 5 or 6 to see if we revert back to the form we had before he was injured. 

Just now, Dodgyknees said:

Totally different scenarios, because we were better when Nakamba played in this system. Whether that’s to do with a confident team or Nakamba making a difference we won’t know till he’s back in the team (and has had a run of games). We can’t decide after one game, he needs 5 or 6 to see if we revert back to the form we had before he was injured. 

But Nakamba didnt play the system we actually play now. The clips on Twitter of Luiz being exposed by 3 Spurs players each time as the only centre midfielder ... Will be the same with Nakamba 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

We also played Nakamba and Luiz together for a few of those positive games.

• 2 weeks later...

What's happening with Nakamba now? When he was out injured people were counting the days to his return, now he's been back for over a month but still didn't get on the pitch against Norwich. Is the plan to use him like Smith sometimes used to, against the most difficult opposition where Villa are expecting to spend most of the game defending? If so will he be on the bench against Burnley and then suddenly appear vs Liverpool?

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

What's happening with Nakamba now? When he was out injured people were counting the days to his return, now he's been back for over a month but still didn't get on the pitch against Norwich. Is the plan to use him like Smith sometimes used to, against the most difficult opposition where Villa are expecting to spend most of the game defending? If so will he be on the bench against Burnley and then suddenly appear vs Liverpool?

People aren’t normally rushed back after injury, look how it’s affected Bailey 

6 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

People aren’t normally rushed back after injury, look how it’s affected Bailey 

Absolutely. As long as the injury has healed you'd expect him to work his way back by making shorter appearances. Just curious about what Gerrard's plans are for him.

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

All the hype that his injury caused our downfall he has played 3minutes since his return, Was a perfect game for him to come on and get minutes

Nakamba was used by Smith in games where we expected to have very little of the ball so Liverpool would be a typical Nakamba game. Still a bit strange to start him there with almost no warm-up minutes.

21 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think he's worth keeping next season as we need players content with limited game time who can do a job when called upon. 

Yes thats a good point although having him around would kind of limit timmys playing time if we signed a bissouma type

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes thats a good point although having him around would kind of limit timmys playing time if we signed a bissouma type

I dunno if it would. Nakamba would be there only if there is injury. Tim probably would do a loan anyway to Championship

Â