Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

2 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Playing possibly the best team in Europe who press relentlessly and not having played for months I thought he was amazing to be fair.  Yeah one misplaced pass aside but if he performs like that against lesser teams he will be a real asset.

If we find a similar player that can spray passes left and right we will be challenging for Europe.

Yep he was great considering. A couple of  the passes would have been OK but they lacked pace. Needs to put his foot through the ball more rather than under hitting it.

• Like 1

Obviously he will be better than that after coming back in for the first time in months, but people on Twitter seemed to forget he's been doing it for 2.5 years in these last few months.

Never in a million years good enough to be first-choice.

Edited by gilbertoAVFC
  • Like 1

We look a better team with him in it, but he absolutely can and should be upgraded in the summer. I'm really excited about who we can get. He'd be a great backup though. Also frees up Luiz to be a #8 (if he stays).

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We look a better team with him in it, but he absolutely can and should be upgraded in the summer. I'm really excited about who we can get. He'd be a great backup though. Also frees up Luiz to be a #8 (if he stays).

That's probably the only way Luiz signs a new deal, with a promise he'll play as an #8 as we are signing a new #6 with Nakamba as back up.

• Like 1

Thought soon as he went off the game changed, as we pushed Luiz back where he was playing good as the number 8, still think we need better at a number 6 than nakamba as his passing is awful 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Obviously he will be better than that after coming back in for the first time in months, but people on Twitter seemed to forget he's been doing it for 2.5 years in these last few months.

Never in a million years good enough to be first-choice.

No he should be backup at best going forward. That being said I thought he did alright yday and it gave us solidity.

20 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Honestly, not very good. He'd pull off interceptions out of no where, carry the ball up the field for a promising counter attack and then pass it straight to a Liverpool player multiple times.

Bit harsh. That was his first start in five months and not like he's come off the bench regularly since his return. Surprised he started but he did o.k.

Assume we'll keep him as back up to new DM next season and send Tim out on loan as Gerrard throwing him straight back in from the start v Liverpool shows he's still rated post injury.

Oh Nakamba why can't I find a

Spoiler

Boyfriend

midfielder like you? I'd be so happy to find someone as kind as mobile as defensively minded and as neat and tidy as you.

Well....what about me?

Ha ha. No. No. Not you. Someone like you.

Considering the opposition and how long he'd been out he did really well. Yeah his ball retention was poor and it always has been but thought it was really promising for his first game back - he had been much better during Gerrards first games and hopefully he gets back to that as he really had been a revelation.

A new DM with Nakamba as back up (who, like Hause, will be more than fine with that role) and Iroegbunam could be a solid foundation to allow Luiz to become an 8.

We are going to have to sell someone though. Sanson I suppose.

• Like 1

Thought he was terrible yesterday the game and Palace players just ran past him.. He's got no pace and is not really that strong so would be 3rd choice DM for me, need much much better 

Like McGinn and Luiz, he'll be for sale should the right offer come in, in the Summer.

An incredibly average, if not likeable, player. 

Luiz, Nakamba and McGinn should not be starting for us next season. If they are, we've failed again in the market to address the biggest issue with our squad. 

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Like McGinn and Luiz, he'll be for sale should the right offer come in, in the Summer.

Luiz, Nakamba and McGinn should not be starting for us next season. If they are, we've failed again in the market to address the biggest issue with our squad. 

I think Marvelous will be surplus if we get a new DM in. 

I would like to see Tim given the chances as backup next year, I think he's shown enough to warrant a chance at that. 

• Like 1

On 16/05/2022 at 15:21, Delphinho123 said:

Disagree on Luiz and McGinn plays every minute so clearly Gerrard likes him.

Nakamba can obviously go.

Â