Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

Marvellous Nakamba, has a natural nose for the challenge.....our squad has been constructed with insufficient appreciation of players with that skill set.....hence we are left short.

He is not to be compared with the other players in our squad, because he is not the same....just like you wouldn't compare Matip with Salah.

Its about doing jobs.....not picking your best technically gifted players and expect them to do it....that may work for fantasy football, but in the real world, it doesn't.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its about doing jobs.....not picking your best technically gifted players and expect them to do it....that may work for fantasy football, but in the real world, it doesn't.

Rhel1 Captain Obvious GIF - Rhel1 Captain Obvious Thank You - Discover &  Share GIFs

• Haha 3

On 16/03/2022 at 15:20, sne said:

I'd leave Nakamba on the bench against most sides.

we know...you would if we had Declan Rice, too.

Edited by TRO
  • Sad 1

When he returns, will it be as the old, mediocre Nakamba, or the recently improved one?

I’d say the difference isn’t that big and that he usually plays more or less the same way: with energy but somewhat lacking in skill.

While he was injured people were bigging him up as some kind of saviour, which may not help him trying to get back to shape. But I expect Gerrard to play him a lot so should be able to get match fit quick.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

At this point, and I know this will sound harsh, I'd be looking to develop Iroegbunam over Nakamba. 

It'll be good to have him fit and he brings another option, but I don't think he starts games and given the choice, I'd keep Tim on the bench.

I think it's more likely Iroegbunam gets a loan to the Championship next season. We seem to be far more fond of these loans ever since Gerrard came in, and can't say I disagree with him.

• Like 2

Nakamba deserves to get back into the team. It's clear Sanson isn't an option for Gerrard. So lets see Ramsey rested and Luiz Nakamba McGinn given a chance. Can then be a competition between those 4 for starting places. 

People hailed Nakamba has a saviour because he worked really well in Gerrard's system, having the right workrate and mentality to provide adequate cover for the fullbacks when they push forward.

Whether that's still the case, time will tell, but I think against the really good sides it's important to have that defensive workhorse midfielder, and Nakamba will definitely get some starts until we can find a replacement who can do his defensive dirtywork and also pass the ball at a level more fitting with our ambition.

• Like 1

Saw him driving towards M6 an hour before kick off so I expect he's very close to a return.

I wonder why injured players never stick around for the game? Understandable if their knee is hanging off like.

Not the first time I've seen it.

13 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Looks like he'll play in the U23 game at Villa Park on the 1st April.

Would imagine he'll be on bench for Wolves and hopefully get 20 minutes to see things out.

Probably be tempted to start him v Spurs as feel their formation is going to cause us all sorts of issues so someone to try to sit on Kane is very much needed.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Would imagine he'll be on bench for Wolves and hopefully get 20 minutes to see things out.

Probably be tempted to start him v Spurs as feel their formation is going to cause us all sorts of issues so someone to try to sit on Kane is very much needed.

Hmm, I think if they're talking about an U23 game to get him back, he'll probably play an hour for the U23's on the 1st, I don't think they'd then risk him for the bench the next day, then I guess depending if he trains well he might make the bench for Spurs or maybe play in another U23 game. 

• Like 1

On 24/03/2022 at 07:06, OutByEaster? said:

At this point, and I know this will sound harsh, I'd be looking to develop Iroegbunam over Nakamba. 

It'll be good to have him fit and he brings another option, but I don't think he starts games and given the choice, I'd keep Tim on the bench.

He was our best player under gerrard until his injury? He suits the style we want to play these days. If he was fit he’s a guaranteed starter for me in the 6 role 

Â