Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Was proper marvelous today. 

He has been proper marvellous for quite a few games now. Marvelous finished last season as one of our best players. If he keeps up this level of play he will be a really strong addition to our squad 

• Like 2

Today was his best performance in a Villa shirt.

Mostly played it short, which is what he should be doing as one of our weakest players technically, but a couple of times went long and it still worked.

I’m sure a few fans thought McGinn going off was a problem, but Marv slotted in from the moment he came on. Deserves a lot of credit.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, WHY said:

Nakamba had a 100% pass completion, yes he kept it simple but he moves the ball quicker than Luiz imo. Luiz should start but Nakamba is a decent squad player who always give his all.

Thats where that statistic isn't the best.

He had a 100% passing completion, but at times his passes are played to players at the wrong time when they are under pressure or are in poor positions.

Saying all that he had a good game yesterday, and grew into it as he usually does.

7 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Never makes me nervous when we play him these days. Think he has progressed well as a player. Great performance yesterday!

I'm becoming increasingly less nervous when he plays now - instant reaction to his sub yesterday wasn't positive, I'll admit, as I thought it meant we'd be going a little more defensive, but as you say, he's progressed well and is now a decent option. 

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

His range of passing seemed a bit more expansive than usual - some longer passes played, and one lovely cross field pass I remember to Young (I think).

I agree, they also seemed to have a little more zip on them too.

Â