Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

95% pass accuracy from 72 passes, only Targett made more passes and nobody that started had better accuracy. 

Joint most tackles in our team as well 

Aside from the stats, I thought he played very well. won the ball, passed the ball well. Gave it away maybe twice (once looked a foul to me). The standard of the oppo has to be taken into account, I suppose as they're obviously nowhere near Prem standard, but he looked good last night. Targett  didn't. He looked short still.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, blandy said:

Aside from the stats, I thought he played very well. won the ball, passed the ball well. Gave it away maybe twice (once looked a foul to me). The standard of the oppo has to be taken into account, I suppose as they're obviously nowhere near Prem standard, but he looked good last night. Targett  didn't. He looked short still.

TBH Blandy, the very least I'd expect from him against this level of oppo is to play as he did. For the seniors involved in the game tonight it was a chance to show/remind Dean of what they can do. Agree that he was generally fine and that Targett doesn't look quite right. Also it was a typical Hourihane showing - a few excellent passes and then some 50/50 shirking. Really didn't tell us anything we didn't know about him already.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Really didn't tell us anything we didn't know about him already.

Yeah, agreed. I guess it depends on opinions - mine is that he's generally good defensively, hard working, great attitude and energy and when he has just a fraction of time he's a decent passer of the ball, but when pressured at PL level he doesn't necessarily have the same passing accuracy. Last night with plenty of time and room he looked good and just confirmed what I knew/thought already, but perhaps some of his passes were a bit more expansive than I'd thought, so that was nice to see.

More generally one of the things I like about the whole team/squad is that the players, with maybe one exception, seem really likeable characters. Obviously I don't actually know what they are like as people - it's just an impression from watching them do football, but still...

27 minutes ago, blandy said:

Yeah, agreed. I guess it depends on opinions - mine is that he's generally good defensively, hard working, great attitude and energy and when he has just a fraction of time he's a decent passer of the ball, but when pressured at PL level he doesn't necessarily have the same passing accuracy. Last night with plenty of time and room he looked good and just confirmed what I knew/thought already, but perhaps some of his passes were a bit more expansive than I'd thought, so that was nice to see.

More generally one of the things I like about the whole team/squad is that the players, with maybe one exception, seem really likeable characters. Obviously I don't actually know what they are like as people - it's just an impression from watching them do football, but still...

I agree, there's not a single dickhead among them - not even close, really. That's definitely a result of the recruitment, though. 

RE: Nakamba, I think he's fine to have on the bench or to rotate into a three man midfield against weaker midfields to help impact the game. We saw against Watford that he's not up to it in a 2-man, especially when he has someone next to him that isn't matching his defensive work rate. 

31 minutes ago, blandy said:

Do tell…

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

95% pass accuracy from 72 passes, only Targett made more passes and nobody that started had better accuracy. 

Joint most tackles in our team as well 

He was what I expected him to be last night he’s OK as a squad option but he takes an absolute age to pick a pass

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Amazing how different we see it. I thought he was clumsy and awkward and slow in his decision making and movement.

He might be undercooked too, and he's had better games, but I've seen enough to say he isn't good enough. It's nothing to do with needing a scapegoat. This is a critical position and we need better, that's all.

I didn't see all the game to be fair but first half I saw him play quite decent

Has anybody seen the outrage on social media from Zimbabwean Nakamba fans? #release Nakamba , apparently it’s our fault he’s not allowed to travel I find this strange given the Buendia/Martinez situation.

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Has anybody seen the outrage on social media from Zimbabwean Nakamba fans? #release Nakamba , apparently it’s our fault he’s not allowed to travel I find this strange given the Buendia/Martinez situation.

apparently he wants to go as well

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

apparently he wants to go as well

And has said he is willing to pay for any fees necessary regarding quarantine himself apparently. 

I hope the club understands that now they’ve made this statement of allowing players to go abroad despite the league itself saying no, it’s going to cause problems if it’s only select players being allowed to go. 

Bit of a stupid thing to do IMO. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
Â