Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

I hate piling on a player but he was that bad. He should never play in a game where we will have the majority of possession. It's crazy how he receives a pass then just stands there. Killed every attack we had in the first half. 

I cringed every time the ball went near him. He offered no protection whatsoever and his passing looks like someone who has never played football in their life. -10/10.

5 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Why did he deserve it? Playing well against rubbish pre season opponents clearly doesn't mean much!

Played well in most performances last year but that was first season Nakamba. Absolute bomb scare.

I thought he'd let that shit go but if he is still prone then he is done here. That ain't the standard no more.

To be fair he didn’t stop running or trying, can’t knock him for that. We know he isn’t great on the ball and need better in there. Their midfield was powerful and strong, any of our current squad could have played in there today but the result would have been the same imo. We need more physicality and power in there.

• Like 1

He seemed too involved in our forward play today which meant he was always behind their break. If he plays, he needs to sit and mop those breakaways up. No point having him otherwise.

• Thanks 1

Some are acting as if Nakamba has regressed. He's still the same guy from day one. Notice how Watford just let him have the ball. That's how little threat he offered. He is only good for games where we see very little of the ball. Otherwise please keep him away from the pitch. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Can't play in a two. Not good enough on the ball. 

Same as JM IMO. So when you put them both together you get days like today. 

He's a blocker that should be in front of our defence and not be asked to do too much else.

They way we set up, we asked too much of him at the top end of the pitch which left a whole load of space for them to plough into on the break. I would say that is on Smith more than Nakamba.

Ironically, he did play the best through ball of our match to Ings.

Not a game for Nakamba. He has his role in this squad but calling him not good enough for Championship when he was the main reason we won probably 5 games last season is just silly. He is better for the games when we are playing like Watford did today.

• Like 1

He was better in the second half when he was the DM.

However I was looking at the passing stats for today and we need our DM'(s) to be making 60 passes a game with an accuracy of 88 % or more. 

Nakamba had 49 passes at 85.7%. McGinn had 82.7% from 35 passes. For me Konsa and Mings had too much of the ball. 83 and 79 passes respectively at 93% and 86% accuracy.

The midfield need to have the ball more.

When you are having to say things like 'can do a job but only in certain games', 'shouldnt be asked to do more than block', 'can't play in a two' then what is the point of having him?

We will get nowhere with players with so many limitations

He simply cannot control or possess the ball to the standard required

Â