Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

21 minutes ago, BOF said:

Why on earth was he let take a penalty. And I in no way blame the guy. He had the character to step up and volunteer presumably. He comes out of it all with huge credit, including the completely unnecessary apology on twitter which shows the guy really does care about it all.

But with the best will in the world he's the most defensive of defensive midfielders and does not have a shot on him. He had a great game and it should've been left like that. The bloke did himself no harm at all with that performance. The penalty was a step too far though. It's the easiest prediction I've made since Glenn Whelan stepped up to take one.

I appreciate the sentiment of this but I think given the attackers that hadn't taken a pen where Archer, JPB and Carney, I wouldn't be surprised if Dean was mindful of the abuse Saka and Sancho got as young lads who decided to step in the Euro's and he wanted to protect them from that even if that mean choosing a less capable PK.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

At some point, we will stop talking as if it’s some kind of revelation when he is one of the best players on the pitch.

I’ve never had any doubts about his defensive ability. His use of the ball this season has improved though, a lot. He’s not really doing anything spectacular, but it’s just that half a yard quicker, sharper. It makes a massive difference when in transition. 

He’s shit at penalties.

Sell him, sell him now!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

Nah, Mark Noble is cockney royalty, they all worship him down the East End. He could probably set fire to the shirt and they'd still call him a club legend.

Which is everything you need to know about Wet Spam really.

Yes but they all look after their dear old mavva’s

In addition , you can leave your doors unlocked at night, Ronnie and Reggie only ever killed their own and double double with liquor, eels and chilli vinegar is food of the Gods and don’t forget my Diana , the Queen Mavva and chips on yer brekkie

Now shat it you norvern manky

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

At some point, we will stop talking as if it’s some kind of revelation when he is one of the best players on the pitch.

I’ve never had any doubts about his defensive ability. His use of the ball this season has improved though, a lot. He’s not really doing anything spectacular, but it’s just that half a yard quicker, sharper. It makes a massive difference when in transition. 

It’s funny but this is the exact point I made to my dad this morning. He’s not spectacular or controlling games, but he’s gone from a 3/10 on the ball to a 5/10 or 6/10 on the ball and he almost looks like a new player.

Decent performance. He's consistently ok. Never gonna be a regular for me but good to have him in the squad as an option.

Poor penalty last night but not sure why he's taking one anyway.

Overall a good performance for him

3 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Finally got to see the penalty miss. That was hardly a horrible strike - it was well guessed and a good save by their keeper.

Hardly something he should apologise for.

He shouldn't have to apologise but it was a poor penalty

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

A lot of it was mental, I think - he was always nervous on the ball and just wanted to pass it as quickly as possible. His confidence as a player has definitely improved - I saw him pointing and telling another one of our players to pick up his man yesterday, and that was a good to see. 

You've really got to give the recruitment team credit for signings like that too, as they've targeted players they thought would be able to learn and improve. A far cry from the McCormgate days.  

• Like 1

I like defensive midfielders as an entitiy, so Marv has a particular interest to me....

I think he has come on leaps and bounds and consistency is what he needs to master, (don't they all) and he is improving on that.

as for missing the penalty, I would say this to him...

" You don't have to apologise, but in doing so, is most endearing.....Better players than you have missed them and the keeper did deserve a bit of credit too"....so forget it.

You are doing ok Marv......keep it up, son.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I thought he was excellent yesterday and looks more and more like the player Brugge fans used to rave on about every game.

So you're saying that now that Nakamba has settled in he's starting to find his feet and put in better performances?

Nah, not for me. I'll stick to writing a player off after 5 games.

Sanson and Buendia OUT!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I was impressed by his speed of thought and passing yesterday.

He seems to have come on alot technically. Great signs.

I don't want to shout too loud, so I will whisper.

"I think these new coaches are making a difference ".....I see individual improvements in many players.

but playing with better players rubs off too.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

He is actually attempting to progress the ball forward after winning it. That's the biggest change for me. Far to often last year he would immediately chose the safe option and play the sideways or backwards pass. 

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I was impressed by his speed of thought and passing yesterday.

He seems to have come on alot technically. Great signs.

Him and Hause doing a one-two around a Chelsea forward is my season highlight already 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BOF said:

Why on earth was he let take a penalty. And I in no way blame the guy. He had the character to step up and volunteer presumably. He comes out of it all with huge credit, including the completely unnecessary apology on twitter which shows the guy really does care about it all.

But with the best will in the world he's the most defensive of defensive midfielders and does not have a shot on him. He had a great game and it should've been left like that. The bloke did himself no harm at all with that performance. The penalty was a step too far though. It's the easiest prediction I've made since Glenn Whelan stepped up to take one.

I don’t really see this quite the same. I mean I agree with your take on him (I’ve never seen him hit a ball with any pace) and also agree on him coming out with credit but still, they are professional footballers. Any of them should be able to take a pen. And likewise none of them deserve stick for missing it.

This whole new thing that seems to be happening with criticism of any attacker on the pitch for letting a more defensive player take a pen or of senior players letting a junior player take one etc is a bit weird to me - was prevalent in the Euros and I’d never noticed it before. You could say the same thing about Konsa - young and defensive - and he nailed his pen. 

Â