Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I would have Watkins in third. Luiz and Konsa would have to fight it out for fourth.

Never really thought about it but I think this accurate. This time last year I'd have probably said Mings was our second best player but since then we've made incredible signings and others have improved so much that he barely makes the top 10 now (semi-joking).

What a testament to the recruitment and coaching that is.

Edited by YouUnastanFren
  • Like 1

Christ on a bike, it’s as bad as Twitter on here!! Dougie is quality, he just had a bit of a dip but he will be back to that player. He was the least deserving of the drop from our midfield 3 on Saturday if you ask me, based on match performances anyway, but I fully expect him to come back in for Brighton.

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Nakamba don't deserve to be benched but I think Luiz will come straight in 

We need to seriously lose this only as good as your last game don’t deserve to be dropped mentally, if Luiz comes in it’s because Smith feels he is more suited for the team and the opposition. (Plus a better player).  

6 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

A silver lining in Luiz's under-the-radar performances this year is that it may mean Man City will not take-up his option.

I don’t think they will. I love Dougie, I think he’s a great player. But Man City are just on another level and have players in that area. I can see Man City spending big on a striker and that’s about it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Is questionable based on current form.

At least with Watkins you know what he's up to in the box.

Come on people, even if you aren't a fan of quantum physics in your football chat, that deserves a like!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

Christ on a bike, it’s as bad as Twitter on here!! Dougie is quality, he just had a bit of a dip but he will be back to that player. He was the least deserving of the drop from our midfield 3 on Saturday if you ask me, based on match performances anyway, but I fully expect him to come back in for Brighton.

I mean, he has been a weak link since we returned from the covid shenanigans though. I'm surprised that is being questioned, and I think he's ace. His potential is Brazil captain, but he needs to find some consistency to become a regular starter for them. The back end of last season and the start of this needs to become the norm, because it's not a position you can flit in and out of form in and expect to be named amongst the elite. 

Worth remembering that he's 22 and playing in said tough position at the highest level, so it's par for the course that he'll have ups and downs. No matter how talented. Hard to think of many complete deep lying playmakers at his age?

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 4

Â