Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

8 minutes ago, lexicon said:

2 tackles, 3 interceptions, 4 clearances and a blocked shot today - very busy on the defensive side. 

sorry what? two tackles won or made? how many did he lose, 4 clearances is that good??? a block? someone kicked the ball at him. I saw him get mugged by Ings just before the pen, I saw him lie down when someone tried to drible him. and yet again the game passed him by. 

Edited by Danishlad
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Danishlad said:

sorry what? two tackles won or made? how many did he lose, 4 clearances is that good??? a block? someone kicked the ball at him. I saw him get mugged by Ings just before the pen, I saw him lie down when someone tried to drible him. and yet again the game passed him by. 

Won, he was dispossessed once all game, yes it is, and yes it's a block if you are in the way of a shot ffs. 

You can focus on the two things he did wrong all game all you like. IMO it just makes you look like a bit of an oddball. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Won, he was dispossessed once all game, yes it is, and yes it's a block if you are in the way of a shot ffs. 

You can focus on the two things he did wrong all game all you like. IMO it just makes you look like a bit of an oddball. 

nothing odd, im just saying that the game passed him by. 

• Like 1

Just now, lexicon said:

The CDM in a team that has 10 clean sheets to its name, 3rd fewest goals conceded etc. The guy, who if you actually watch him, does excellent defensive work through his positioning and pressure. If you don't think he's a good player then I have no idea what to tell you. 

Ah, yes. No mention of his individual defensive stats which you felt the need to mention to praise him this game but not for the course of the season.

Our defense improving is far more than on Luiz. The man has been playing the same as he had last season and our defense was made of swiss cheese then.

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

Ah, yes. No mention of his individual defensive stats which you felt the need to mention to praise him this game but not for the course of the season.

Our defense improving is far more than on Luiz. The man has been playing the same as he had last season and our defense was made of swiss cheese then.

It's a team game - he's a very important part of it. That's why he's been linked with a whole host of top clubs lately, like Man City and Juventus.

I'm not interested in debating this any further tbh. 

Very good tonight in his role, broke up the play well and moved the ball quickly.

Still doesn't look back to his best post Covid but improving game on game.

The lack of subs and the team around him tiring always makes the last 10-15 minutes more difficult.

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

He's in the top 20 midfielders across the league for clearances and aerial battles won

He's nowhere near the top 10 of those in terms of the actual numbers, but he's not exactly useless defensively

His passing is also a lot better than many of those ahead of him on the list

Â