Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Maybe I’m being naive but I’d like to think the clause was put in and will only be used if City have plans for him in their squad or maybe if another team wants to sign him and we are happy to sell him with the fee being a lot larger than the clause. (Very unlikely scenario imo).

I really can’t see city signing him just to sell him back to us and make a few quid. Seems a really shit way to do business.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe I’m been naive but I’d like to think the clause was put in and will only be used if City have plans for him in their squad or maybe if another team wants to sign him and we are happy to sell him with the fee being a lot larger than the clause. (Very unlikely scenario imo).

I really can’t see city signing him just to sell him back to us and make a few quid. Seems a really shit way to do business.

I think if thats the case we would just top up what City want. We have already paid 15 million for him, so think another 15 would buy out the clause for example. 

On 12/02/2021 at 08:33, villalad21 said:

Nakamba don't deserve to be benched but I think Luiz will come straight in 

But it shouldn't just be about what you deserve based on the previous games, it's also about what you can bring to the next game. 

If Deano deems Luiz's attributes to be better suited to the brighton game he should come back in. If not he shouldn't. 

He was ruthless with both Hause and el Ghazi as soon as Mings and Barkley became available because he believed they made the team better, and likewise Hourihane didn't deserve to disappear after his performance against Fulham, so I think the same will go for Nakamba/Luiz.

• Like 2

I wouldn't mind seeing Luiz and Nakamba again. 

Luiz didn't really pop when they played together vs Newcastle, but this was more down to him having an off day on the ball rather than the combination being an issue. 

Luiz and Nakamba feels more balanced, on paper. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

13 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Luiz and Nakamba again. 

Luiz didn't really pop when they played together vs Newcastle, but this was more down to him having an off day on the ball rather than the combination being an issue. 

Luiz and Nakamba feels more balanced, on paper. 

I think either Luiz or McGinn can play the box to box role alongside Nakamba. If we're looking to be more solid pair either one with Marv. If we're going to dominate the ball, play both McGinn and Luiz.

All good in my book, and great to have options now Nakamba seems to have gained a "bit" of composure .

• Like 1

On 12/02/2021 at 07:33, villalad21 said:

Nakamba don't deserve to be benched but I think Luiz will come straight in 

For once I actually agree with you lol. No Nakamba doesn't deserve to be benched but is simply a victim of the pecking order. I think Nakamba has done great but Doug is simply the better player and if he's rested up, been training well and back to form then he should be starting. Good to know Nakamba is ready to step in when needed though. 

Edited by birdman

Just now, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Nonsense. He made 3 or 4 goal-saving blocks in the penalty area, and intercepted countless cut-backs to the edge of the box. McGinn and Barkley had far more poor passes too

Blinkered.  He might have made some blocks (I think every player did), but everything else was off.  His passing was atrocious - summed up beautifully by his 10 yards pass out for a throw-in.

3 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Nonsense. He made 3 or 4 goal-saving blocks in the penalty area, and intercepted countless cut-backs to the edge of the box. McGinn and Barkley had far more poor passes too

not much point arguing who out of luiz, mcginn or barkley gave the ball away more. they were all just as shite as each other.

Â