Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

So far he's been rested 1 game after having played 90 minutes in almost every game this season apart from the one he was suspended for. Might be a bit too early to draw any big conclusion yet.

Clubs who have good squads rest players all the time and we actually have options at CM these days.

26 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I dont see Man City taking a punt on him at £25m, I just dont think he has shown enough they are looking at instant impact and I just dont think he has shown enough.

I would say however that in the Nakamba vs Luiz debate, Luiz is ahead of Nakamba on every statistic you care to look at (according to whoscored), and despite that the subjective opinion that Nakamba has shone in every appearance (suggesting his average should be higher given the fewer minutes), this just isn't the case.

I like both players and think there is a case for both in our squad, and I tend think Nakamba is busier defensively, but that isnt upheld by the facts!

Really. In interceptions and successful tackles too?

6 hours ago, Steero113 said:

I'm not a conspiracy theorist of any kind but I firmly believe this bit highlighted will have an element of reason behind why he's being left out... possibly ?

June can't come fast enough.

Personally I don't think he is ready for City. I think he needs another season or two. Apparently they are looking at Locatelli who is a bit ahead of him in his development, and a very good player. Would fit in well at Villa. A tall deep lying playmaker. They seem to prefer tall no6's. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Really. In interceptions and successful tackles too?

Ok, I misread tackles: MN 1.4 tackles p.g.  DL 1.1 p.g. 
But interceptions Luiz is ahead 1.3 vs 1.1 p.g., Dougie is way ahead (double) on blocks and clearances. His average overall score is higher, and his offensive play is way stronger.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Ok, I misread tackles: MN 1.4 tackles p.g.  DL 1.1 p.g. 
But interceptions Luiz is ahead 1.3 vs 1.1 p.g., Dougie is way ahead (double) on blocks and clearances. His average overall score is higher, and his offensive play is way stronger.

Dougie is more likely to blockor intercept, more of a "pick pocket".....Marv more likely to win the ball, more directly aggressive and disruptive, more of an enforcer.

Dougie is better on the ball, with his longer passes, more sophisticated and classy.

Its good, IMO, that they are not the same, in characteristics.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Think a lot of the arguments about the relative merits of Dougie, McGinn, Ramsey, Nakamba, Barkley, etc were brought to the fore in this game. Desperately needed someone with more vision and composure to move the ball up the pitch - think Dougie is the man to do that.

He's our best midfielder for me and it baffles me Mcginn is played over him. For me Douglas is a perfect box to box player to play next to a DM in a 4-2-3-1. He can drop deep and defend and even play the quarter back role and then shift into attack perfectly, I defo dont see him good enough as a stand alone DM as he isnt combative enough for that role.

Â