Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

I think we're good in the holding midfielder department with Sanson, McGinn, Luiz and Nakamba for next season. 

Position that needs resolving is in no10. We've Barkley who is on loan and Jack plays there when Barkley wasn't fit. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PaulC said:

More being rested than dropped I think. 

That's how I saw it too - Nakamba has shown in his last two appearances that we can depend on him more now, so there's definitely been some good to come of it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So when same 11. Why doesn’t he rotate?When he makes changes. He never should have been dropped!

Football fans hey.

40,000 fans.....40,000 opinions.

9 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I keep forgetting he's so young. He comes across as someone with a lot more experience.

9 hours ago, Danishlad said:

he is also the same age as Mbappé and Foden is 20

Some people are just uniquely talented. Messi was world class at 18-19.

• Like 1

I would have thought that if he has a buy back clause that there is protection for us, a small print that says he cannot be bought for resale/profit purposes.

If true and he cannot be sold for say 12 months, how would he cope in their squad, would his value drop.

Anyone actually know when this expires 

12 hours ago, Danishlad said:

he is also the same age as Mbappé and Foden is 20

Not sure you've noticed mate but he plays for Aston Villa not the likes of PSG or Man City. 

He's incredible for his age. Those two are generational talents of which only 4 or 5 exist on the planet at one time (we have one he's 25 and has floppy hair). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Not sure you've noticed mate but he plays for Aston Villa not the likes of PSG or Man City. 

He's incredible for his age. Those two are generational talents of which only 4 or 5 exist on the planet at one time (we have one he's 25 and has floppy hair). 

he isn't incredible though, that's my point. Mbappé is incredible, Foden is an amazing talent. Luiz isn't, he is decent, and  the original post was trying to compare him to Doyle Hayles etc and then tried to point out what a star he is, this for me just isn't accurate. Luiz is sooo overated in here

(Nakamba has been playing better). I really hope he kicks on but he will have to prove it first.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

I think that is overly generous IMO....but don't construe that, as me saying, he is no good, because I am not saying that,at all.

He has a way to go, to show midfield domination during a game.....he is neat and tidy, make a good pass, has a good eye too.....but in the role he plays, he needs to be more combative and robust....lets hope that comes, if he stays as a No 6.

He has done well IMO to get in to the Brazillian team and I am delighted for him, and our club.....would he get in to the England team? I don't think he would, not right now anyway.

I want to see a bit more from him...to join in with "Incredible"......He has not won Man of the match on VT and yet you see fit to describe him as "Incredible"

but I have to say.....I hope you are right and me wrong.

15 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

he isn't incredible though, that's my point. Mbappé is incredible, Foden is an amazing talent. Luiz isn't, he is decent, and  the original post was trying to compare him to Doyle Hayles etc and then tried to point out what a star he is, this for me just isn't accurate. Luiz is sooo overated in here

(Nakamba has been playing better). I really hope he kicks on but he will have to prove it first.  

FWIW I share your view.

• Like 1

Â