Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

He is best suited to a more attacking 6/8 role and needs a player like Kamara beside him to be more of a 6. 

Tielemans seemed to be doing the 6 role well in recent games and I think he's best suited to starting there with Luiz when he comes back.

He's completely lost his forward passing, maybe it's the lack of security without Kamara but for so much of the season he would get the ball and immediately look up and put those brilliant passes in to Ollie or whoever.  It's just not happening for him, it's not working with McGinn either.

39 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

He's completely lost his forward passing, maybe it's the lack of security without Kamara but for so much of the season he would get the ball and immediately look up and put those brilliant passes in to Ollie or whoever.  It's just not happening for him, it's not working with McGinn either.

It's the legs for the front 4 as well. They aren't making the runs and we aren't making the passes. Our players are dead on our feet 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

It's the legs for the front 4 as well. They aren't making the runs and we aren't making the passes. Our players are dead on our feet 

Not buying that and I agree injuries taking a toll,  but players need to stand up and show leadership.

• Like 2

Not having this tired, both him and McGinn have had 3 games off. When these two play we have a lack of urgency on the ball, and a lack of energy. Badly missed the energy of Kamara and the passing of Tielemans today.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I don't think it's much of a coincidence that the players that are really dead tired right now are John and Dougie. 

Mcginn has played 4600 minutes for club and Country this year (minus injury time which is probably another 400 or so minutes for us), so he's probably played 58 games this season at 86 minutes a game. 

Luiz has played 54 games this season, and probably close to 4600 minutes (4092 minutes in regulation plus probably an extra 500 minutes with injury time) with just us and another 100 or so with Brazil, so probably close to 87 minutes a game.

They have done something nearly impossible and both will be over 5000 minutes in 9 months at the end of the season.

wasnt for long but pretty sure lenglet was injured for a couple games

• Like 1

On 03/05/2024 at 23:06, vreitti said:

I dunno which player you've been watching, but for me Luiz hasn't really got the attributes (stamina, outreach, dribbling, shooting, etc.) needed to play as a no 8. He's definitely a no 6 though, mainly due to his first touch & clever passing, and if he was a tad more physical (in duels) he'd really be world class.

Being a tad more physical is a euphemism......Being physical in that role is a pre -requisite, not a " it would be nice if he was"

I respect your opinion, but not for me....neither is McGinn.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Being a tad more physical is a euphemism......Being physical in that role is a pre -requisite, not a " it would be nice if he was"

I respect your opinion, but not for me....neither is McGinn.

We beat Arsenal playing two little fat lads in that position.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I don't think it's much of a coincidence that the players that are really dead tired right now are John and Dougie. 

Mcginn has played 4600 minutes for club and Country this year (minus injury time which is probably another 400 or so minutes for us), so he's probably played 58 games this season at 86 minutes a game. 

Luiz has played 54 games this season, and probably close to 4600 minutes (4092 minutes in regulation plus probably an extra 500 minutes with injury time) with just us and another 100 or so with Brazil, so probably close to 87 minutes a game.

They have done something nearly impossible and both will be over 5000 minutes in 9 months at the end of the season.

The other thing is the mileage they're putting in this season, hopefully doesn't come back and bite us next season. It's a lot of football and they need full rest over the summer. Not sure if he gets that with Brazil etc.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MapleVilla said:

The other thing is the mileage they're putting in this season, hopefully doesn't come back and bite us next season. It's a lot of football and they need full rest over the summer. Not sure if he gets that with Brazil etc.

As rodri said you can do it for one season but not 2. Next year we need to be able to rotate Mcginn, Luiz, Konsa and Watkins more. 

Kamara too as he was in course for 4k minutes as well. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1

I've no problem with a player being tired, I do have a problem with a player being a faff. I don't think he's tired, I think he's had his head turned. I like the bloke but he's fallen off so much recently. He's a Brazilian international and he's playing like a fart in a Smarties tube at the minute.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

he's playing like a fart in a Smarties tube at the minute.

Not a word of that makes even close to sense. 

Edited by Steero113

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Not a word of that makes even close to sense. 

I suppose a smarties tube could be slightly altered to be played like a flute, in which case farting into it would produce audible musical tones. I doubt it would sound very pleasing, which segues quite nicely into a comparison to Doug's performances as of late. Simile checks out imo.

Edited by osmark86
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

I've no problem with a player being tired, I do have a problem with a player being a faff. I don't think he's tired, I think he's had his head turned. I like the bloke but he's fallen off so much recently. He's a Brazilian international and he's playing like a fart in a Smarties tube at the minute.

It isn't just a physical thing

I think they are exhausted mentally too.

Europe is bloody hard and draining if you're not used to it 

• Like 1

Watkins is one of the fittest players in the league and was saying the Thursday/Sunday is an absolute killer, especially with such a small squad. That we didn't fall apart around Xmas is outstanding, it's literally the last couple of games. I hope they can find something for Olympiakos, confirm 4th and can then have a final to win

• Like 3

He may well be carrying an injury or niggle which hasn’t been reported and he’s playing through the pain barrier to assist us through until the end of the season. 

Â