Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

If as reported they can buy him back for less than £30m then put simply why wouldn’t they? Even if they don’t want him he is worth way way more than that, then not doing would be insane.

But the point is if they don't want him and just want the cash, it's ours to give them to buy out the clause. I think this makes it more likely he will stay, assuming we have cash availableand have determined the value of Dougie to us is at least as much as city wil accept plus the 30m they'd buy him back for.

33 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Just wanted to post one of my favourite Dougie moments for your enjoyment: publicly pulling down Chilwells pants in front of a full house and the nations TV semi-final audience. 

(Grealish tops it off nicely too)

This was another of those moments, that have happened quite a lot recently, where I found myself saying "I can't remember the last time a Villa player/team did that".... all in a good way. 

54 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Just wanted to post one of my favourite Dougie moments for your enjoyment: publicly pulling down Chilwells pants in front of a full house and the nations TV semi-final audience. 

I love the difference between that game and this season's game. What stood out was how they looked more comfortable than us back then. This season however we grew stronger as the game went on and we actually put them on to the back foot for the last 20 minutes or so.

7 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I love the difference between that game and this season's game. What stood out was how they looked more comfortable than us back then. This season however we grew stronger as the game went on and we actually put them on to the back foot for the last 20 minutes or so.

We played well in that cup tie, but didnt look like that for much of the season. This season we are a completely different team to watch, but the team is substantially the same, we now just look like a very comfortable confident team, its like we know all the routines and where people wil be and how we are going to score or defend actions. For me we have played well in every match bar two halves of football all season. If this is the new normal, what a great platform to kick on from! We have been the match for every oppposition all season.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Well considering the summer window doesn't open till around July time, Dose that mean they only have the remainder of this window to sign him? 

You can buy a player outside of the transfer window, just can't register them to play for you until it opens. Chelsea had already signed deals for most of their transfers months before the summer window opened.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

You can buy a player outside of the transfer window, just can't register them to play for you until it opens. Chelsea had already signed deals for most of their transfers months before the summer window opened.

Is this really true? Nobody has ever mentioned it before.

Troll Face GIF Animations For Trolling: November 2013

2 hours ago, thunderball said:

That's an amazing clip....brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, Nakamba. Then it ended. Not sure why.

Just remember re: the clause - Luiz would still have to agree a deal to go back. 

He's come to Villa and got in the Brazil team - Man City would have to give him some guarantees that he isn't going to spend 3 seasons on their bench before joining West Ham (I know there are no guarantees, but still...)

8 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Just remember re: the clause - Luiz would still have to agree a deal to go back. 

He's come to Villa and got in the Brazil team - Man City would have to give him some guarantees that he isn't going to spend 3 seasons on their bench before joining West Ham (I know there are no guarantees, but still...)

troll GIF

6 hours ago, AV82 said:

With Fernandinho getting on I'd be very surprised if we still had Douglas come August.

Luiz was purchased with the purpose of being the understudy to Fernandinho.

My source is a Manchester City blogger whose reporting is all evidence based and proven, as far as I cared to check, which was quite extensively.

However I think purchases and inclusions since this original plan was in place means that City have moved on.

I posted about it when we first were interested in signing Luiz, I could dig it up if requested. Pretty interesting.

Luiz's La Liga career was at a club affiliated to Pep through his brother, and Luiz's progress was carefully monitored.

As I said though, should all be irrelevant now, as it looks like Luiz is our player, and won't be returning to CIty.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 2

Â