Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

i pray Man City dont activate his buy back....

I have confidence that if the did, the £35m?!?!?, we might get would be invested wisely by the club (shock horror - trusting Villa to buy wisely - what a time to be alive!), but i would still prefer if they didnt buy him back.

11 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i pray Man City dont activate his buy back....

I have confidence that if the did, the £35m?!?!?, we might get would be invested wisely by the club (shock horror - trusting Villa to buy wisely - what a time to be alive!), but i would still prefer if they didnt buy him back.

Hearing what Purslow had to say I've got even more confident that they'd just pay City whatever fee it is that would make them move on rather than allowing him to move back without a fight. Assuming City even activate the buy back. Whether we need to convince Dougie to hang around in that scenario I'm not so sure about, or whether he even has a say in the matter.

Going to be interesting seeing it unfold but agree that we'd reinvest the money sensibly if it did end up going that way. Don't think I've ever had that confidence in Villa's leadership. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Purslow was purring about him on Talksport today too. Brazilian international going from strength to strength, and somewhat under the radar in comparison to Grealish. 

I heard that. Was waiting for Jim White to have done some actual research and asked him about the buyback clause......but alas.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I heard that. Was waiting for Jim White to have done some actual research and asked him about the buyback clause......but alas.

The way I see it is Purslow would not have been waxing lyrical about DL on national radio unless he was pretty confident of us keeping hold of him. 

Either that or he took a big chance in opening himself up to the buyback clause question. Luckily Jim Whites a shitter. 

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I still find it unbelievable that he's only 22, nearly 23.. he plays like he's played as a top level pro for years.  Nothing fazes him, he's technically gifted AND he has a driven attitude - what more can anyone ask for? 

Not to give away Penaltys 🤣

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

The way I see it is Purslow would not have been waxing lyrical about DL on national radio unless he was pretty confident of us keeping hold of him. 

Either that or he took a big chance in opening himself up to the buyback clause question. Luckily Jim Whites a shitter. 

I was quite surprised CP raved about him so much given what we have been told re buy back clause. I listened thinking “shuussshh!! . I now choose to think that a permanent deal is in the bag 🤞

• Like 2

On 05/01/2021 at 19:23, WallisFrizz said:

I was quite surprised CP raved about him so much given what we have been told re buy back clause. I listened thinking “shuussshh!! . I now choose to think that a permanent deal is in the bag 🤞

Maybe we've already bought man city out of it? Stranger things have definitely happened.

• Like 1

On 05/01/2021 at 08:16, MrBlack said:

Hearing what Purslow had to say I've got even more confident that they'd just pay City whatever fee it is that would make them move on rather than allowing him to move back without a fight. Assuming City even activate the buy back. Whether we need to convince Dougie to hang around in that scenario I'm not so sure about, or whether he even has a say in the matter.

Going to be interesting seeing it unfold but agree that we'd reinvest the money sensibly if it did end up going that way. Don't think I've ever had that confidence in Villa's leadership. 

I reckon as long as Jack's stays Dougie stays. I reckon Luiz is worth 40m or so, so if we have to give Man City some fat stacks then get it done! 

In the Milan v Torino match, Torino have just been given a penalty for exactly what happened with Dougie and Pogba against Manchester United. If anything, the Milan player made slightly more of a challenge than Luiz before the shooter/runner clipped his calf.

Overturned.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ChrisVillan said:

In the Milan v Torino match, Torino have just been given a penalty for exactly what happened with Dougie and Pogba against Manchester United. If anything, the Milan player made slightly more of a challenge than Luiz before the shooter/runner clipped his calf.

Overturned.

And the Milan defender didn't even have an arm in his face 

I think people need to get over that penalty now. Douglas Luiz clearly headbutted Pogba's elbow then put himself in the choke hold which resulted in Doug's body shape changing so that Pogba's leg hit his own leg.

That maybe the official version of events according to VAR.

On 05/01/2021 at 22:23, WallisFrizz said:

Deano always seems quite relaxed/confident about him when asked as well, always along the lines of " He's not aware of such a clause " etc.

So either someone is lying, or we've all been had.

Perhaps been sorted behind closed doors? Gentleman's agreement?

On 11/01/2021 at 19:43, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Deano always seems quite relaxed/confident about him when asked as well, always along the lines of " He's not aware of such a clause " etc.

I must admit I have felt little concern when it comes to the suggestion/hype that Luiz would be leaving us when the subject is raised. Then, now, or even in the near future.

A man of the people who is part of the furniture here. x

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just saw him on Instagram holding his phone in his hand while he’s driving. Naughty boy.

At least he is looking fit and healthy though.

Yeah I've just seen this. Why are our players so effing thick when it comes to driving?! That Insta post will get deleted surely?! Obviously someone else is with him so perhaps he's finished isolation now but the phone in his hand, not really concentrating on the road while driving quite fast (by the looks of it) is beyond stupid🤦‍♂️

23 minutes ago, birdman said:

Yeah I've just seen this. Why are our players so effing thick when it comes to driving?! That Insta post will get deleted surely?! Obviously someone else is with him so perhaps he's finished isolation now but the phone in his hand, not really concentrating on the road while driving quite fast (by the looks of it) is beyond stupid🤦‍♂️

I heard he drives a Lamborghini as well so it’s not like he won’t attract attention! Kids with too much money hey.  I think he’s already deleted the video though. 

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I heard he drives a Lamborghini as well so it’s not like he won’t attract attention! Kids with too much money hey.  I think he’s already deleted the video though. 

Video is still there! Last thing club needs is another potentially negative news article such as this. He's gonna get roasted! 

Edited by birdman

Â