Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Was really good last night. 

West Ham's central midfield is pretty pedestrian going forwards and he dictates those kind of games.

He has this great first touch where he just flicks the rolling ball out to his side to hit (for the goal at Bournemouth last season and for the pass to Barkley for the goal at Arsenal). It looks simple but its brilliant and almost like a signature move for him. 

I was taken aback, by how much the pundits were going on about him and how much he affected the game.....similar to on here.

He must have doubled his Transfer fee if  and when we sell him

Pep will be lining the notes up to swoop....no doubt we will hear soon.

I know how much people here rate him so no surprise that so many have rushed to his defence, but even so, I really am surprised that so many think that was a brilliant performance, the standard must be set pretty low. If he is as good as people say then it certainly isn't unreasonable to expect more from him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, poitier said:

I know how much people here rate him so no surprise that so many have rushed to his defence, but even so, I really am surprised that so many think that was a brilliant performance, the standard must be set pretty low. If he is as good as people say then it certainly isn't unreasonable to expect more from him.

Thought he was our best midfielder by a country mile last night.

2 hours ago, poitier said:

and I'm not normally one of them but last night I thought he was excellent

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

and I'm not normally one of them but last night I thought he was excellent

Aye. He got my MOTM as he simply didn't put a foot wrong. He dropped deep to start plays and his distribution was excellent.

That VAR denied offside goal? Watch the build up - it was Luiz's perfect lofted crossfield ball that found Target to make the opportunity.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PaulC said:

I thought he bossed the midfield. Showed for the ball a lot and used it well. 

I thought, he just looked safe......like a singer, singing a safe song......He needs to push himself and impose himself on the game.

I didn't see anyone close to him, when he was passing the balls.....good passes by the way, but safe.....He didn't impose himself on the game for me.....looked a lot like Ashely Westwood when he was with us, for me.

I like him but I want to see him do more with his skill set....I want to see him hurt teams, with his long passes, much more, like he did for the Ross Barkley cross a few weeks ago.

He is not a bad player....not saying that at all......but right now Jack is the only one showing conviction....its not enough.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Aye. He got my MOTM as he simply didn't put a foot wrong. He dropped deep to start plays and his distribution was excellent.

That VAR denied offside goal? Watch the build up - it was Luiz's perfect lofted crossfield ball that found Target to make the opportunity.

How many DMs in this league have as good a distribution as Douglas? He's excellent.

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

How many DMs in this league have as good a distribution as Douglas? He's excellent.

maybe, hes not a DM...that could be the reason.....I guess Jacks distribution would be good from there too.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I thought, he just looked safe......like a singer, singing a safe song......He needs to push himself and impose himself on the game.

I didn't see anyone close to him, when he was passing the balls.....good passes by the way, but safe.....He didn't impose himself on the game for me.....looked a lot like Ashely Westwood when he was with us, for me.

I like him but I want to see him do more with his skill set....I want to see him hurt teams, with his long passes, much more, like he did for the Ross Barkley cross a few weeks ago.

He is not a bad player....not saying that at all......but right now Jack is the only one showing conviction....its not enough.

You don't understand what his role in the team is

Edited by Tom13

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Not as much as i'd like.

Passing and vision is where this guy excel.

Well yeah but you'd be hard pressed to find a DM with the lot. Especially for a club like us.

Are you saying you'd swap out passing and vision for someone who's more aggressive?

Â