Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Unless he has been living off lager and burgers for the last three weeks his fitness levels  should not drop that much. He is in quarantine but that does not stop him from training at home. I know it’s not the same as group training but I don’t think it will be too much of a problem as he now has a better grip of the language and is a settled member of  the club.

• Like 1

It's not going to be a typical pre season as it's going to be shorter than usual. So it'll be a couple of games before Douglas is back up to speed. 

Any tactical and strategic planning he can still take part in via one of the many video conferencing platforms.

• Like 1

I thought he was excellent during the behind closed doors matches at the end of last season. Hopefully, he can continue in the same vein when the season restarts. He was dominating matches from the middle of the park for us, it’s something we haven’t had for a long time. If he continues to play like he did at the end of last season, I can see Pep Guardiola exercising that buyback clause

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I thought he was excellent during the behind closed doors matches at the end of last season. Hopefully, he can continue in the same vein when the season restarts. He was dominating matches from the middle of the park for us, it’s something we haven’t had for a long time. If he continues to play like he did at the end of last season, I can see Pep Guardiola exercising that buyback clause

I agree but I can’t see Pep lasting past this season at City, however it goes for them. 

44 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I agree but I can’t see Pep lasting past this season at City, however it goes for them. 

There’s no loyalty left in the game, for me Guardiola is still a great manager and they would struggle to attract a bigger name in my opinion 

• Like 1

Â