Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Credit to Suso. This was a really, really good signing.

It was but it also shows how hard it is to beat the big boys at finding and signing these players.  The Douglass Luiz’s of the world get snapped up quickly. 

The bullshit work permit rules actually worked in our favour for once!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Not overly concerned but a bit strange not seen him in any of the pre season training social media posts, he's also not very active on his own social media where as he normally is!

He's in quarantine.

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

He's in quarantine.

Have the club dispatched someone on a magic carpet to plead with the King of the Potato People (possibly Steve Bruce, come to think of it now) for his freedom?

32 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Have the club dispatched someone on a magic carpet to plead with the King of the Potato People (possibly Steve Bruce, come to think of it now) for his freedom?

Save this banter for the podcast goddammit!

20 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Save this banter for the podcast goddammit!

Fear not, my banter well runneth deep.  Got a multipack of Banta in the fridge.  My garden is littered with Bant hills.  My driveway is lined with solar Banterns.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, GarethRDR said:

Fear not, my banter well runneth deep.  Got a multipack of Banta in the fridge.  My garden is littered with Bant hills.  My driveway is lined with solar Banterns.

Archbishop of Banterbury 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ender4 said:

Is it weird that i want him to be good next season, but not soooo good that Man City will definitely activate the buyback next summer.

Then in 2021/22 he can be bloody amazing for us!

Wasn't it said the buy back will have expired next season?

On 23/08/2020 at 06:31, WallisFrizz said:

I don’t think Suso found him. I read we were approached by Man City to take him on this buy back deal as they couldn’t get a work permit for him.

Interesting - never heard that before, but believable.

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Wasn't it said the buy back will have expired next season?

yes, it will expire at the end of next season.   So Man City have this coming season to watch him and decide whether they want him back or not.

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

yes, it will expire at the end of next season.   So Man City have this coming season to watch him and decide whether they want him back or not.

Going to be heartbreaking when we’re joint top with City both on +47 GD and they trigger it in January to stop us winning the league

Â