Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

On 19/08/2020 at 09:21, The_Steve said:

This is way too much analysis. The fact that he’s tagging Birmingham as his home should tell you of his commitment and desire to stay. 

I am not going to overanalyse an Instagram story beyond the above. 

I don't disagree with you.

I genuinely believe that he is staying for this season at least especially after what a few posters have mentioned here. However the people who think he isn't ready for Citeh are forgetting one thing. Pep Guardiola. He will improve Luiz further than what we have seen. 

Quality Quality player. Sticking by a player might be an alien concept but I knew from his performances against Barca and Real he is a baller. I understand Citeh are looking at another Brazilian who might not get a work permit etc. Ahem....

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I genuinely believe that he is staying for this season at least especially after what a few posters have mentioned here. However the people who think he isn't ready for Citeh are forgetting one thing. Pep Guardiola. He will improve Luiz further than what we have seen. 

Quality Quality player. Sticking by a player might be an alien concept but I knew from his performances against Barca and Real he is a baller. I understand Citeh are looking at another Brazilian who might not get a work permit etc. Ahem....

Not sure why, but he strikes me as the relatively loyal and decent type, who just wants to enjoy playing football and be loved.

His passion with the fans was mental as well, and great to see.

Not saying he won't move on eventually, but doesn't strike me as the type who would cause a big fuss.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Why would it still be advertised on Rightmove then? 

I don't know, but at the same time why post that picture if he's moving on, whether it club or simply, residence? 

These reports of not exercising the buy back are hilarious.  Man City would only exercise it if they had a buyer ready to pay more than the buy back clause is. They cant exercise it to play him as he still wouldn't get a work permit for them, unless they pay him a wage that is way over what he's worth, and would destroy their wage structure.

If the situation arose where they did have a buyer willing to pay more,  there's nothing to stop us paying that (or slightly more) to man city instead to buy out the clause.

Next season may be different if he starts playing enough games for Brazil.

28 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I've just seen the word OFF on his flip flop. He is definitely going. 😂😂

How very observant. 

Bet you was good with wheres Wally.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I've just seen the word OFF on his flip flop. He is definitely going. 😂😂

Off-white... hyphenated so I think we're safe. Must mean he doesn't like Tottenham. 

Incidentally,  those flip flops cost over £100...

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

Doug's home in the Orion building has been "for sale" for at least the last couple of years. It regular comes on site for a couple of months or so and then disappears. The asking price has been reduced compared to two years ago, so it fits the pattern of a luxury short term rental while the owner is trying to sell. I wouldn't mind betting that Villa are paying for that to keep Luiz sweet. (when his buyback clause expires at the end of the season he can buy his own house, lol)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Doug's home in the Orion building has been "for sale" for at least the last couple of years. It regular comes on site for a couple of months or so and then disappears. The asking price has been reduced compared to two years ago, so it fits the pattern of a luxury short term rental while the owner is trying to sell. I wouldn't mind betting that Villa are paying for that to keep Luiz sweet. (when his buyback clause expires at the end of the season he can buy his own house, lol)

I believe that it is the most expensive apartment in Birmingham. There isn't really any demand for it so I'm not surprised it keeps coming on the market. 

On 18/08/2020 at 12:36, TrentVilla said:

My understanding of how these buy back clauses work is that the player is obligated to the move as part of the original deal, a new contract from Villa wouldn't alter that fact.

At the point of signing for Villa Luiz is likely to have signed a legally binding agreement to return to City should they activate the clause.

I can't say for certain this is the case in this specific example but it is how these agreements normally work, so claims a new deal would remove the clause or that Luiz could simply refuse to return are I believe incorrect. So I wouldn't take a lot of notice of that chap on Twitter claiming to be a journalist and ITK on both Luiz and Jack, he isn't.

That's my guess as well, that's its part of the deal that took him to Villa that he is obliged to go back to Man C if they activate the clause. I would presume such an obligation is only valid during the same time frame that his orginal contract with City was running. That could correspond well to the reports that Man C can activate the clause for 2 years. 

Fully agree that a new deal between Villa and Luiz could not alter the agreement with City without City's consent. We are though probably free to improve Luiz contract to keep him happy, but wouldn't be much of a point as long as the buy back clause still exists.

My suggestion and hope is that in the event of Man C approaching us to activate the buy back clause - we would counter with an offer to instead pay them money to remove the clause. Not that it's likely that Man C would accept it though. 

Â