Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I'm going to repeat myself every time I post in here. Very good performance and unless Man City trigger the buy back clause then we must do absolutely everything physically possible to keep him at this club. 

Yes, potentially Luiz could be more influential than Grealish. 

He links up with other players so well and he is learning quickly.

Sell the vision whatever league we are in and build a team around him, hopefully he would want to stay if we go down....but I can see interest in him from many PL clubs.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 3

Amazing the tone change with regard to Luiz.

It does show that learning the language and having a little time to settle helps.

Looks like a player who has stepped up his game 2 or 3 notches since he came back.

We need to do everything we can to keep him next season.

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Amazing the tone change with regard to Luiz.

It does show that learning the language and having a little time to settle helps.

Looks like a player who has stepped up his game 2 or 3 notches since he came back.

We need to do everything we can to keep him next season.

If we do Keep him and we go down, then he’ll be, probably, the best midfielder in the Championship. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

How much is the buy back clause? Is it £30m or £15m? I can't remember.

We paid 15, Purslow said buyback was significant so probably 25 but apparently increases per season 

1 minute ago, Mark_1989 said:

Not sure that’s true in the slightest.

Don't know what the buy back amount is but if it's cheap and another club are prepared to pay more they can easily speak to City about activating it and then getting the player on loan. Wasn't it Morata that Madrid bought back with the intention or selling at a higher price?

I remember reading a story somewhere that the buy back clause is incremental, each window that City don't buy him it goes up and eventually it expires. Also remember reading that the buyback started at £20m plus as well, don't think we would have bothered buying him if it was £15m, if that was the case we'd have been better off just bringing him in on loan.

Edited by useless

18 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

My fear is City may even buy him back to sell him on at a profit. Do we know what amount the buy back fee was?

They still have to wait a transfer window to do that I believe and Luiz has to agree to it as well. Which why would he. If city would demand 35 mil for him and only pay us 25 million. The buying club could offer us 30 million and give Luiz a signing bonus of 2.5 million. In other words it is counter productive for him to agree to a contract with City of they just intend on selling him straight away again. 

9 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Why isn't Dougie taking set pieces instead of Jack if Connor isn't taking it. With his range of passes surely he can whip in a decent corner or free kick. 

Still nuts it's his first season in the Prem and is 22. 

It only took him about 2/3s of a season to fully get to grips with the league. His upside is frightening. If we don't tie him down he'll be a star elsewhere. Absolutely need to stay up and build around him and Jack.

Â