Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Correct. 
It really irritates me when people suggest the Chanpionship is MORE physical than the Prem. it isn’t. 

It used to be the case that the championship is more physical but over the last ten seasons with the likes of Pep and Klopp coming in its changed. A season in the championship is only beneficial to youth players with no experience of men's football from premier League clubs.  The gap is huge.

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Correct. 
It really irritates me when people suggest the Chanpionship is MORE physical than the Prem. it isn’t. 

agreed - The only way it’s more physical is the chance of players getting physically kicked more but prem is far better in fitness, strength and speed. 

it’s ‘rougher’ than the prem for sure

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

It used to be the case that the championship is more physical but over the last ten seasons with the likes of Pep and Klopp coming in its changed. A season in the championship is only beneficial to youth players with no experience of men's football from premier League clubs.  The gap is huge.

I don’t think it’s ever been more physical. 

I think the emphasis is more on physicality because the level of ability is lower. But that doesn’t mean it’s more physical. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t think it’s ever been more physical. 

I think the emphasis is more on physicality because the level of ability is lower. But that doesn’t mean it’s more physical. 

I'd argue it was more physical in the past however it's nowhere near the Premier League in any metric now and for the last ten seasons at least maybe even longer in terms of physicality. This is how it should be. 

8 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

The Premier League is far more physical than the championship it's also quicker and way more skilful. The physical strength required to play in the premier League is much higher now than ever before. 

My point wasn’t about the physicality of the PL, it was about him still being a young player, the physicality of the Championship would make him a better player, without the pressure of the PL. You make a mistake in the PL you get punished, in the Championship far less often.

1 hour ago, QldVilla said:

My point wasn’t about the physicality of the PL, it was about him still being a young player, the physicality of the Championship would make him a better player, without the pressure of the PL. You make a mistake in the PL you get punished, in the Championship far less often.

Thing is that he most likely will regress in the championship though. Once you've started to acclimatise to the Premier League the last thing you need is playing against average players. If he stays I'll be very happy However the best chance of keeping him as a Villa player is by him going on loan and we take him back hopefully if we're promoted again.

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Thing is that he most likely will regress in the championship though. Once you've started to acclimatise to the Premier League the last thing you need is playing against average players. If he stays I'll be very happy However the best chance of keeping him as a Villa player is by him going on loan and we take him back hopefully if we're promoted again.

I don’t see how this helps the club, when the major issues are the lack of experience of the players playing at PL level and playing games together and having a solid tactical understanding within the playing group.

If we keep most of this squad together for 50 games in the Championship, they will be promoted and be a far better team and PL ready. You can’t manufacture a team, it has to be built, something this club haven’t been able to do for a long time.

On 14/06/2020 at 19:47, Mazrim said:

We've been relegated once in like 30 years. 

Watch this space. May soon become twice in 5 years. So at least that gives you a “yo”, if not a full “yo-yo”.

I don’t think Souness is talking as much shit as people think.

Â