Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

33 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Nakamba looks too weak and allows runners to glide past him way too much. 

He's quick and is good at tackling but I can't see him being a midfield destroyer. I'm not convinced he's good enough for the league and would be the first player I'd replace in the summer if we survive

He's a great tackler. He's just not used to the pace of the game yet which is why he's so erratic in his play. If he gets up to speed it will allow him to play the game more simply and focus on what he does best. First player I'd move on is easily Trezeguet.

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He's a great tackler. He's just not used to the pace of the game yet which is why he's so erratic in his play. If he gets up to speed it will allow him to play the game more simply and focus on what he does best. First player I'd move on is easily Trezeguet.

We're 70% of the way through the season and he doesn't look any better than when he first played. At this point, I have the same hope of him getting up to speed as I do Trezeguet. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

We're 70% of the way through the season and he doesn't look any better than when he first played. At this point, I expect some improvement if he were to ever get up speed.

The PL is a slog especially when you're in a relegation fight and there isn't a moment's respite, and improvement isn't always linear. Plenty of players have had consistently indifferent first seasons in English football and then with a preseason behind them and a full season of PL football under their belts, they look completely different players the next. This applies even more for players coming from Belgium. Not saying he's definitely going to improve, but generally I'd say it's fair for it to take a season or so getting up to speed. He's had plenty of good games this season so it's not like we're going in blind on a completely gash player.

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

First player I'd move on is easily Trezeguet.

Ghazi, Ghazi, Ghazi is now the first id move on, at least Trez goes put and tries and makes effort.

I think there was a list of around fourteen players who would easily go before any of the first eleven anyway.

Edited by Dave-R

28 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

We're 70% of the way through the season and he doesn't look any better than when he first played. At this point, I have the same hope of him getting up to speed as I do Trezeguet. 

I thought spurs 2 games ago was the best he played for us but generally agree, he has been disappointing. 

I think people got carried away about him being Brazilian and Man Citeh wanted him. No doubt he's good on Fifa which always seems to get people excited.

He's still pretty young and may come good but for example Jack Grealish at that age you could see something was definitely there.   James Milner at that age looked great and we were bitterly disappointed when Newcastle pulled the deal to sell him.  Gareth Barry was into his second full season with us and clearly going to be great. 

I think people are overdoing the age thing.  If he's going to be a really good Premier League player I think you would have seen more by now. I've only seen very small glimpses. 

• Like 1

Said before, we have too many players that would be good/ok subs for prem teams. And at his current  stage of his career, he's one of them. 

Can't perform a little bit consistent over 90 mins. Also baffled by some of pass attempts he plays. 

Can we stop talking about pep liking him? Pep never criticizes a player anymore in that way in media. Especially not someone who's leaving his club with a buy back clause. What things people say in media is all nonsense and doesn't reflect reality.

Edited by Bugzy1991

7 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

He is going to be a good player but he’s not yet unfortunately. Can be so frustrating with his casual passing. 

I thought this at the start of the season. I'm not so sure it's a guarantee at this point. 

8 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

He is going to be a good player but he’s not yet unfortunately. Can be so frustrating with his casual passing. 

What does he do? Not just today. He doesn't dictate the play. He doesn't tackle. He isn't an engine. He pops up now and again with a goal. He isn't creative. He just plays chipped pass with the outside his boot every 5 minutes.

I thought he was one of our better players. He worked hard. Pressed really well. He is tactically pretty good too. He misplaced some passes but it is tiring chasing the ball for 95 minutes so not that unexpected. He will be really good. Hope it’s with us. 

• Like 1

I thought he, as usual, was the only one other than Jack who tries to get it down and play.

Lost it a couple of times on his own and a couple of times with others not wanting the ball. Targett once definitely ran away from it but he'd already played the ball for him.

If we go down, and he stays with McGinn, we just need a large man to play midfield with then and he'll look brilliant I'm certain.

I've got no faith in Suso to buy a good usable player so I'd rather keep him than sell for £15-25m.

• Like 1

Thought he did well. Some of his passing was off but some of it was in to space and the players around him just didn't expect to be asked to come forwards.

I like his attitude, he tries hard and he has huge potential. He's not the finished article yet but if he was we wouldn't have been able to sign him. I think he's going to be a very good player. 

Â