Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

13 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

I hope you're not suggesting what I think you're suggesting...

Ireland are just as capable a footballing nation as Brazil. In fact I would argue even better. We've never lost 7-1 at home to Germany. There was a 6-1 once in Dublin but never 7!

That's like saying Brazil are a capable rugby playing nation because they haven't been pumped by South Africa or New Zealand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OxfordVillan said:

This debate over Luiz/Hourihane/Drinkwater ultimately boils down to where the here & now lays, as well as the future. The future is most definitely Luiz over the other two, and for me the here & now is also Luiz. I’ve seen glimpses, small, that Drinkwater could play an important part if he manages to get up to speed. Unfortunately it looks like taking longer than anyone thought to get up to speed, but that might still pay dividends if he is 100% for the final 4-5 games. We love Hourihane, of course we do. He’s played his part over the last couple of years and scored one or two belters. But games pass him by, there are times when you literally don’t know if he’s out there. Luiz has made mistakes, but he’s not shy. It’s his 1st season in top flight English football, 1st year in a new country. There’s undoubtedly a player there, a player that we need to benefit from next season in the Premier League when he’s had a full season experience and a pre-season under his belt. The mistakes will lessen and his influence will grow. IMO

Close thread

:)

Edited by Tom13

He tried really hard on Sunday, lots of effort in chasing down and going after 50/50s or balls he wasn't favourite to win. Not his best passing game though.

Seems to me his thread is the most polarised on here. Even in games when I think he's been excellent like Spurs people think he's played rubbish.

Not really sure why there's so much dislike towards him when he's just another young lad trying to make his way to the top level. Can only be a combination of people not liking what he posts on Insta and this feeling Man. City will eventually buy him back.

I think of the two Marvelous has had far more shockers this season. He was decent on Sunday but over the xmas period and at Bournemouth he was hopeless in the DM role yet his thread is generally pretty mild to the wild extreme views you get in this one.

Dropped from the Brazil squad, Bruno guimares called up instead

I think after Wesley got a nod it was obvious brazil were looking at everyone while they could but it'll be interesting to see how he plays next few weeks 

Edit - he's been called up to the Olympic squad, hell be there in the summer

Edited by villa4europe

On 04/03/2020 at 21:54, VillaChris said:

I think of the two Marvelous has had far more shockers this season. He was decent on Sunday but over the xmas period and at Bournemouth he was hopeless in the DM role yet his thread is generally pretty mild to the wild extreme views you get in this one.

Its the ridiculous hype his signing had, i warned people not to get excited and could take him a year to get up to speed. 

Brazil under 20 captain seems to brimg expectation

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its the ridiculous hype his signing had, i warned people not to get excited and could take him a year to get up to speed. 

Brazil under 20 captain seems to brimg expectation

I actually saw a bit of him at Girona. Wasn't specifically watching him but he was in and out of a side that was eventually relegated so same could happen here (they went down despite having two excellent strikers in Portu and Stuani). He did play quite a bit in their back 3.

To me he's like some of our intake in 2015, next club will benefit from him more although I'd like to think he'll still be here next season and start to show more consistancy. There is certainly lots of potential to his game.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I actually saw a bit of him at Girona. Wasn't specifically watching him but he was in and out of a side that was eventually relegated so same could happen here (they went down despite having two excellent strikers in Portu and Stuani). He did play quite a bit in their back 3.

To me he's like some of our intake in 2015, next club will benefit from him more although I'd like to think he'll still be here next season and start to show more consistancy. There is certainly lots of potential to his game.

Yeah he has looked better in recent weeks. He is still developing but we are a finishing school for him. Was a player we should have used in small periods while adapting 

13 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

It’s the manager and the coaching. Luiz is a ball player, without it he is too inexperienced and positionally weak so he isn’t that good for us.

Gavin McCann was a better ball player than him ...just not Brazilian.

• Like 1

Â