Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

51 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Stoke kept a load of big names after relegation and it hasn't done them much good so far.

Mings is a regular for England now, can't believe given his background he'd just given that up for at least one season. Ultimately if he's in the championship likes of Tomori and others will start getting picked ahead of him.

I'd love him to stay but think he'd push for a move.

And again we don't know if there was a release clause in the permanent deal he signed last summer. You'd imagine any competant agent would include one for their client given wage cuts will happen.

It's easy saying keep the best players but last time we went down Ayew was our best/most proven attacking player and yet him staying until January didn't stop us going into mid table.

If it helps I'm pretty confident McGinn will stay until January so there's one favourite who I think would stick around.

Can’t agree sadly ,  I think mcginn Grealish and mings would all be gone 

As for luiz - some good games but too inconsistent - lacks the battling quality needed 

Edited by Eastie

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

As for luiz - some good games but too inconsistent - lacks the battling quality needed 

He'll shine in a settled team.

Can see him bossing it at a club like Everton, like Gueye did.

Edited by villalad21

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Stoke kept a load of big names after relegation and it hasn't done them much good so far.

Mings is a regular for England now, can't believe given his background he'd just given that up for at least one season. Ultimately if he's in the championship likes of Tomori and others will start getting picked ahead of him.

I'd love him to stay but think he'd push for a move.

And again we don't know if there was a release clause in the permanent deal he signed last summer. You'd imagine any competant agent would include one for their client given wage cuts will happen.

It's easy saying keep the best players but last time we went down Ayew was our best/most proven attacking player and yet him staying until January didn't stop us going into mid table.

If it helps I'm pretty confident McGinn will stay until January so there's one favourite who I think would stick around.

I can see mings staying if we go down, he's been good, but he hasn't been outstanding, he just sound for 25ish million pounds, we won't be selling him for less and I can't see many teams matching that price for him, as he hasn't really justified it.

Poor today but we are waiting for a youngling to come good for us, it was the wrong strategy for a new team coming into the PL.

To rely on a 21 year old Luiz to do the business for us week in week out was naive and we're getting found out for it.

If we stay up (big if) then he'd be better next season, if he was currently playing for Arsenal or Chelsea he'd be great I believe.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Poor today but we are waiting for a youngling to come good for us, it was the wrong strategy for a new team coming into the PL.

To rely on a 21 year old Luiz to do the business for us week in week out was naive and we're getting found out for it.

If we stay up (big if) then he'd be better next season, if he was currently playing for Arsenal or Chelsea he'd be great I believe.

I think he's definitely better than he's showing for us right now and would look better in a higher level team. But he isn't good enough atm to play for an Arsenal or Chelsea team anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Neves was 21 when the dingles got back to the PL last season and their current left winger (Neto) is aged 19.

We have an excuse for everything if you ask me.

• Like 1

I must admit I haven't seen whatever it is with him that gets people excited about what a great player he will be.

Thought Spurs last week was his best game for us but at best he's been bang average most of the time.  Not hot and cold, cold or luke warm. 

• Like 1

Should not be starting, he is slow, undisciplined lacks any kind of bottle and at this moment in time is not good enough.

Impact sub only for me.

Also baffled by some of the comments saying how great he is ? 

Not seeing anything more than a couple flicks here and there and very little else. And when he repeatedly lacks awareness when receiving the ball and aimlessly hits it back to a defender ( if hes lucky) constantly putting our defence under even more pressure, it leads to disaster the majority of the time.

Needs to speed up mentally and physically before I woukd be choosing him to start.

• Like 2

out of the current crop (aside from the obvious i.e. jack, mings, mcginn) he's the only one that i see going on to better things like guaye, veretout etc did. i do think there's a player there.

problem is that we'll never see it. he's here for a work permit, that's it. bottles every challenge and will continue to do so (after all, a big injury means his work permit is delayed). i literally cannot stand the bloke and would happily get rid. he's one that is absolutely not up for the fight and i've thought this ever since he let traore coast past him

40 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

out of the current crop (aside from the obvious i.e. jack, mings, mcginn) he's the only one that i see going on to better things like guaye, veretout etc did. i do think there's a player there.

problem is that we'll never see it. he's here for a work permit, that's it. bottles every challenge and will continue to do so (after all, a big injury means his work permit is delayed). i literally cannot stand the bloke and would happily get rid. he's one that is absolutely not up for the fight and i've thought this ever since he let traore coast past him

Do not understand or agree with anything in bold. 

• Like 1

On 23/02/2020 at 12:08, poitier said:

It isn't fickle at all, posters have been consistent throughout the entire length of the 166 pages in stating that he is 21.

just wait till we start discussing how tall he is

On 23/02/2020 at 22:08, brummybloke said:

Should not be starting, he is slow, undisciplined lacks any kind of bottle and at this moment in time is not good enough.

Impact sub only for me.

Also baffled by some of the comments saying how great he is ? 

Not seeing anything more than a couple flicks here and there and very little else. And when he repeatedly lacks awareness when receiving the ball and aimlessly hits it back to a defender ( if hes lucky) constantly putting our defence under even more pressure, it leads to disaster the majority of the time.

Needs to speed up mentally and physically before I woukd be choosing him to start.

Lacks bottle? Really?

Just now, Tom13 said:

Lacks bottle? Really?

Yep, physically and mentally, rather than turn with the ball just hits it straight back at defenders, every game without fail at least half the time we try and play it out from the back. 

Wont tackle, point blank refuses instead tries shoulder barging which gives away free kicks over 50 % of the time.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Do not understand or agree with anything in bold. 

OK - i believe he needs to play X% of games to keep his work permit. i believe this is the only reason he's with us, so that he has a work permit sorted for when he rejoins city, or a better prem side. i believe he bottles every challenge to avoid injury that would affect his chances of keeping his work permit. hope this clarifys my thoughts

Â