Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Yes also thought he played well at spurs, needs to be playing regular now. I thought he caused spurs some problems especially in first half.

He is obviously learning more from Smith and learning the play style, hopefully he becomes as important as what Jack is. We need more like Jack, just in Doug's own play style because we really need the rest of our playwrs to step it up, which I think they did against spurs.

• Like 1

That finish was the most timid I've ever seen him. He's usually worryingly audacious. Like his goal against Watford. Roofed it with him wrong foot when he could have let it run onto his right. No idea why he didn't roof the Spurs chance too, or at least put it in the corner. He had a touch of the Keinan Davis where he was more concerned with hitting the target than actually scoring.

If we stay up he could be much better next season...don't get me wrong I like him now.

If we are relegated he'd be gone unfortunately which would be a damn shame, think we have a future star here!

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

7 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

If we stay up he could be much better next season...don't get me wrong I like him now.

If we are relegated he'd be gone unfortunately which would be a damn shame, think we have a future star here!

Why does everyone seems to think this about every one of our players. There’s no way we’re selling him if we go down if we have plans to come straight back up.  In fact Jack aside I don’t think any player will leave. 

• Like 2

Just a feeling about him in particular, he has aspirations of being a regular Brazilian international.

Man. City might take him back, he'd potentially excel playing in La Liga and I'm sure a number of PL teams would like him.

You think he'd stay in the Championship, why?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why does everyone seems to think this about every one of our players. There’s no way we’re selling him if we go down if we have plans to come straight back up.  In fact Jack aside I don’t think any player will leave. 

I totally agree. Jack will go and maybe Mings. Other than that, I think we will keep everyone who we want to keep. We will then come back up in a much stronger position than last time

12 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I think City will take him back if we go down.  I would imagine the games he has played for us would qualify him for a work permit there now?

Doubt city will be in a position to spend 20 million plus on squad players next season. They got some key positions to fill.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Again starting to get called up by Brazil. The best international teams rarely call up second division players from any league. He'll certainly be here next season if we stay up and I look forward to it as he's a player of immense promise.

I rate him higher than Veretout who many thought was decent while being in a car crash team and he's had a very good career since leaving us in Italy.

Think a few Spanish teams will be keeping tabs on him from his two years at Girona. Even Man. City could just decide to re-sign him if their ban holds and they lose a few of their key players.

Mind  you I thought Mitrovic was a certainty to leave Fulham and he decided to stay.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Again starting to get called up by Brazil. The best international teams rarely call up second division players from any league. He'll certainly be here next season if we stay up and I look forward to it as he's a player of immense promise.

I rate him higher than Veretout who many thought was decent while being in a car crash team and he's had a very good career since leaving us in Italy.

Think a few Spanish teams will be keeping tabs on him from his two years at Girona. Even Man. City could just decide to re-sign him if their ban holds and they lose a few of their key players.

Mind  you I thought Mitrovic was a certainty to leave Fulham and he decided to stay.

I’m not sure mate. I think Mings genuinely loves the club and would give us a year. Luiz the same.  Also if they want to leave the club will ask for big money which could price them out of moves.  I mentioned earlier city need some players for key positions. They won’t spend 20m + (assuming that’s there buy back amount) on a squad player. 

Remember when Newcastle went down under Rafa. They pretty much held on to the whole squad and came straight back up even stronger than before. I think we would do the same.

• Like 2

Personally, I think Luiz is approaching the same bracket of player for us as Grealish, Mings, McGinn, in that he should really be starting most if not all the games for us. The fact Drinkwater gets in ahead of him sometimes is criminal.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m not sure mate. I think Mings genuinely loves the club and would give us a year. Luiz the same.  Also if they want to leave the club will ask for big money which could price them out of moves.  I mentioned earlier city need some players for key positions. They won’t spend 20m + (assuming that’s there buy back amount) on a squad player. 

Remember when Newcastle went down under Rafa. They pretty much held on to the whole squad and came straight back up even stronger than before. I think we would do the same.

They actually sold Sissoko and Wjanaldum. Both went for combined 50m. Both were regular internationals (Sissoko had just played in euro 2016 final). I also remember they signed Andros Townsend in the January and he also left that summer so obviously had a relegation get out clause. A few of our 2015 intake like Gana had that so have to factor that in.

Newcastle though kept in and out players like Mitrovic and Jonjoe Shelvey, added Dwight Gayle as the 25 goal striker and as we've seen before sign one of those and you'll be right up there.

For next season I expect if the worst happens Heaton, Gulibert, Hause, Engels, Konsa, Targett, Nakamba, Hourihane, El Ghazi, Trez, Samatta, Wesley, Davis and probably McGinn to be the core squad so I do agree sign 3-4 others on top and really that should be seriously challenging for top 2 which eluded us in our three seasons down there.

Hope it dosen't happen of course.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Personally, I think Luiz is approaching the same bracket of player for us as Grealish, Mings, McGinn, in that he should really be starting most if not all the games for us. The fact Drinkwater gets in ahead of him sometimes is criminal.

Some games he's been better as a sub to bring pace and energy when we've started going flat in second halfs (Brighton away good example).

I do think if we'd kept 4-3-3 then we might've seen him as a McGinn replacement playing infront of Drinkwater and Nakamba. It's feasible we could still do it with the 3-4-3 but would require taking out El Ghazi which won't happen as he was good last weekend.

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They actually sold Sissoko and Wjanaldum. Both went for combined 50m. Both were regular internationals (Sissoko had just played in euro 2016 final). I also remember they signed Andros Townsend in the January and he also left that summer so obviously had a relegation get out clause. A few of our 2015 intake like Gana had that so have to factor that in.

Newcastle though kept in and out players like Mitrovic and Jonjoe Shelvey, added Dwight Gayle as the 25 goal striker and as we've seen before sign one of those and you'll be right up there.

For next season I expect if the worst happens Heaton, Gulibert, Hause, Engels, Konsa, Targett, Nakamba, Hourihane, El Ghazi, Trez, Samatta, Wesley, Davis and probably McGinn to be the core squad so I do agree sign 3-4 others on top and really that should be seriously challenging for top 2 which eluded us in our three seasons down there.

Hope it dosen't happen of course.

Fair enough. Forgot about those two. Did Fulham sell any of their big signings?

3 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

really good player but needs to shoot more. Got a great shot on him but has had more hairstyles than goals since he's been here. 

Not sure how many goals you're expecting him to have. He doesn't play as an AM.

Â