Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Aren't too many 21 y.o. playing at this level. I think he values the trust and investment the club have shown in him, I think he intends to repay that.

A lot of potential and he has turned the corner in Premier League adjustment, the only way is up. Excited about him

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RichiBoi11 said:

The fact Drinkwater gets in ahead of him sometimes is criminal.

The fact Drinkwater gets any time at the moment is criminal.   What was it, 2 PL games in 18 months? Expected to cover for SJM ? Sorry Dean,  but I don't understand this one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

Aren't too many 21 y.o. playing at this level. I think he values the trust and investment the club have shown in him, I think he intends to repay that.

A lot of potential and he has turned the corner in Premier League adjustment, the only way is up. Excited about him

Just look at his celebration for his last goal, says it all.

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair enough. Forgot about those two. Did Fulham sell any of their big signings?

They've loaned out a few of of their flops from last summer's intake....Schurle on loan in Russia I think, Jean Seri in Turkey and Zambo Anguissa went to Villareal.

Ultimately if players aren't committed to playing in championship you need to let them go. We saw this in 16/17.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They've loaned out a few of of their flops from last summer's intake....Schurle on loan in Russia I think, Jean Seri in Turkey and Zambo Anguissa went to Villareal.

Ultimately if players aren't committed to playing in championship you need to let them go. We saw this in 16/17.

True but the players we let go wernt up for the fight in the Premier League never mind the championship. Our club was toxic from top to bottom. I’d like to think it’s lot more unified now. 

7 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

really good player but needs to shoot more. Got a great shot on him but has had more hairstyles than goals since he's been here. 

He has got a great shot on him, but he does like many of our players do and shoots it at the keeper or defenders. The amount of shots we take sometimes is absolutely bonkers and it's clear that we need to bury more of our chances.

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

True but the players we let go wernt up for the fight in the Premier League never mind the championship. Our club was toxic from top to bottom. I’d like to think it’s lot more unified now. 

I think so aswell but if Mings and Luiz want to go I'd let them. Again we don't know who will have relegation clauses in their deals, have to think it's a certainty Mings would have one and probably Jack although he signed his contract a while ago.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think so aswell but if Mings and Luiz want to go I'd let them. Again we don't know who will have relegation clauses in their deals, have to think it's a certainty Mings would have one and probably Jack although he signed his contract a while ago.

If the price was right then of course. Letting Adama and Ayew go in exchange for Adomah and Taylor was criminal. Just sums up how what a bunch of clowns were running the club at the time.

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Why?

I'm desperately hoping the club and manager aren't as easy as some of you.

We'll never build long term success by hemorrhaging our best players all the time ffs.

We took a BIG punt on Mings when he couldn't get a game, gave him a home and platform to kick on, as well as Luiz. WTF? 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If the price was right then of course. Letting Adama and Ayew go in exchange for Adomah and Taylor was criminal. Just sums up how what a bunch of clowns were running the club at the time.

Adomah did more for Villa than Adama. Not sure he would have got crucial goals like Adomah and took until 2018 for Adama to start playing under Pulis

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Adomah did more for Villa than Adama. Not sure he would have got crucial goals like Adomah and took until 2018 for Adama to start playing under Pulis

True but it was very bad shortsighted business in my opinion. We signed a 19 year player with ridiculous  potential for about 7m and then a year later switched him for a championship standard player in his late 20s.  

We got robbed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

True but it was very bad shortsighted business in my opinion. We signed a 19 year player with ridiculous  potential for about 7m and then a year later switched him for a championship standard player in his late 20s.  

We got robbed.

Wasn't Adama on high wages too so we had to get rid of him?

1. What is the best pass.

2. What is the easiest pass.

3. What is the fanciest pass.

Chose option 3 at all times. Then stroll about with gloves on in 10 degree conditions. Without getting too Souness and too yer dar the guy is absolute luxury, and not exactly contributing a lot at one end to make up for it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe but how high could they have been? Surely not much higher than what we agreed to pay all the other signings that summer and Terry/Snodgrass the summer after.

I belIeve it was 40k a week but again, this was purely from memory. And he was still mostly potential back then, so we had no idea when or even if he would get good enough to justify those wages, so a large gamble for a team in the championship. 

Another thing to note is that I don't think Adama would've gotten as good as he is now if he stayed with us either. I could've easily seen him not living up to his massive potential and we weren't exactly the place where players improved. Its actually concerning how so many of our younug players in those pre-relegation seaosns never lived up to their potential with us and the ones that did, did so after leaving us.

I think most of that season's crop of players that went on to have good careers after us were all sold for mainly the same thing. To slash the wage bill. Not that we didn't think they weren't good enough or didn't have potential, just that we couldn't afford to keep them on the books.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why?

I'm desperately hoping the club and manager aren't as easy as some of you.

We'll never build long term success by hemorrhaging our best players all the time ffs.

We took a BIG punt on Mings when he couldn't get a game, gave him a home and platform to kick on, as well as Luiz. WTF? 

Stoke kept a load of big names after relegation and it hasn't done them much good so far.

Mings is a regular for England now, can't believe given his background he'd just given that up for at least one season. Ultimately if he's in the championship likes of Tomori and others will start getting picked ahead of him.

I'd love him to stay but think he'd push for a move.

And again we don't know if there was a release clause in the permanent deal he signed last summer. You'd imagine any competant agent would include one for their client given wage cuts will happen.

It's easy saying keep the best players but last time we went down Ayew was our best/most proven attacking player and yet him staying until January didn't stop us going into mid table.

If it helps I'm pretty confident McGinn will stay until January so there's one favourite who I think would stick around.

Â