Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

A frustrating player. Still a very raw. Has talent but makes basic mistakes every game. He is not really a orthodox defensive midfielder but Smith has basically played him in this season all year. Reminds me so much of Traore in that in the long term will be probably a decent player but in all likelihood will be at a different club.  As a club we looked too much long term in the summer rather than some ready made short fixes to keep us up this year.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

OK - i believe he needs to play X% of games to keep his work permit. i believe this is the only reason he's with us, so that he has a work permit sorted for when he rejoins city, or a better prem side. i believe he bottles every challenge to avoid injury that would affect his chances of keeping his work permit. hope this clarifys my thoughts

Sorry mate love a good conspiracy theory but I just think he's not as good as he's made out to be, have a feeling you will never see him in a Man City shirt ever, will end up somewhere like Celta Vigo or Real Betis.

16 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Sorry mate love a good conspiracy theory but I just think he's not as good as he's made out to be, have a feeling you will never see him in a Man City shirt ever, will end up somewhere like Celta Vigo or Real Betis.

A much better team than us then ? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I think he flatters to deceive, if Pep truly rated him or thought he was 'one for the future' he'd still be a Man City player.

He couldn't get a work permit so he was never really there. He only qualified for one for us because we paid a relatively high amount when compared to our transfer record. There is apparently a buy back clause so if they want him back they can get him relatively easily.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

He couldn't get a work permit so he was never really there. He only qualified for one for us because we paid a relatively high amount when compared to our transfer record. There is apparently a buy back clause so if they want him back they can get him relatively easily.

Then he'd still be on loan somewhere developing. We had our pants pulled down lets move on!

3 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Then he'd still be on loan somewhere developing. We had our pants pulled down lets move on!

But he needs to get game time in England if City are ever planning to buy him back. I'm not sure if you've been paying attention recently but the Home Office are clamping down a little bit on foreign nationals entering the country and footballers are no different. He couldn't go on loan in England becasue he wouldn't have obtained the work permit. It was the transfer fee that got him the work permit.

11 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

But he needs to get game time in England if City are ever planning to buy him back. I'm not sure if you've been paying attention recently but the Home Office are clamping down a little bit on foreign nationals entering the country and footballers are no different. He couldn't go on loan in England becasue he wouldn't have obtained the work permit. It was the transfer fee that got him the work permit.

Not sure you know how it works, if he as good as we are led to believe as a gifted and talented athlete a temporary work visa is not a problem it happens in the championship and league 1.

5 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Not sure you know how it works, if he as good as we are led to believe as a gifted and talented athlete a temporary work visa is not a problem it happens in the championship and league 1.

How many of these special visas are given out at this level. I be amazed

We couldnt get a permit for an international goalkeeper before Brexit

27 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Growing pains. Of all the new signings, I'm most confident this guy will come good.

probably, but he shouldn't be playing week in week out at this level in the position he is asked to, he is not ready.

To be honest not sure Nakamba is either, the two don't compliment each other, one is a headless chicken who makes good tackles occasionally but can't pass, the other disappears a lot, is either sublime in the pass or giving the ball away in dangerous areas.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Yep, physically and mentally, rather than turn with the ball just hits it straight back at defenders, every game without fail at least half the time we try and play it out from the back. 

Definitely this. It is so frustrating when we awkwardly pass it along the back three but when we do finally get it in to Luiz in midfield instead of turning and moving us forward he just passes it back to the centre backs to go through the long tortuous process again.

7 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

probably, but he shouldn't be playing week in week out at this level in the position he is asked to, he is not ready.

To be honest not sure Nakamba is either, the two don't compliment each other, one is a headless chicken who makes good tackles occasionally but can't pass, the other disappears a lot, is either sublime in the pass or giving the ball away in dangerous areas.

Yeah, hoping Nakamba can develop into the destoryer he looks like he can become. If he plays a more simple game, it'll compliment Douglas better. Shame that's all we got right now, so we have to watch them crawl before they can walk in this league. We just need to finish 17th on GD for it to be worth it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah, hoping Nakamba can develop into the destoryer he looks like he can become. If he plays a more simple game, it'll compliment Douglas better. Shame that's all we got right now, so we have to watch them crawl before they can walk in this league. We just need to finish 17th on GD for it to be worth it.

Nakamba looks too weak and allows runners to glide past him way too much. 

He's quick and is good at tackling but I can't see him being a midfield destroyer. I'm not convinced he's good enough for the league and would be the first player I'd replace in the summer if we survive

Â