Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

2 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

We just seem to get absolutely overrrun in the midfield. No composure and no strength in there. We struggle to move the ball out from the back through the middle of the ground and when defending, teams seem to get behind us easily.

I don't think you can play Luiz and Nakamba as a 2 man central midfield. I'd actually prefer Drinkwater start and Luiz come on as a sub against tired legs where he has room to make some of his excellent passes.

As much as I think Drinkwater provides nothing, I think I have to agree. 

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Enda said:

Douglas showed his inexperience there again. We all know he can hit the target from 30 yards... and now he can blast it over from six yards out 🙈

I think it was blocked/cleared on the line and went for a corner. I agree he should’ve scored, but he didn’t blast it over, to be fair to him

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think it was blocked/cleared on the line and went for a corner. I agree he should’ve scored, but he didn’t blast it over, to be fair to him

Oh okay, my stream disappeared just as he missed it!

1 hour ago, Enda said:

Douglas showed his inexperience there again. We all know he can hit the target from 30 yards... and now he can blast it over from six yards out 🙈

55 minutes ago, Enda said:

Oh okay, my stream disappeared just as he missed it!

Whut?  So you just assumed? :D 

• Confused 1

He's got to do so much better than that with that chance to make it two nil. I know he is young but he is rolled a ball perfectly to him 8 yards out. He deliberately goes to ground and tries to slide tackle it in. I was annoyed with the way he went about that one on one at Burnley when he tried to lob the keeper instead of taking it round him. That didn't have any impact on the outcome then.

That miss though.... 😕

hes gonna be a great player, but oh my word, those kind of misses if they went in are the type that was possibly the difference between 1 or 3 points and 0 today.

its these fine lines that are killing us.

(and dont anyone dare say....."bad luck/we will get there/rub of the green" etc etc, we are two thirds or more through the season, and these small margins are the reason we are in a mess)

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

That miss though.... 😕

hes gonna be a great player, but oh my word, those kind of misses if they went in are the type that was possibly the difference between 1 or 3 points and 0 today.

its these fine lines that are killing us.

(and dont anyone dare say....."bad luck/we will get there/rub of the green" etc etc, we are two thirds or more through the season, and these small margins are the reason we are in a mess)

It was disappointing but at least he got it on target (El Ghazi hit the bar or fired over from similar positions this season like the Leicester game). Guess a more experienced player or striker would've taken an extra touch and waited for Lloris and Davies to go to ground and round it past them.

For me the second chance after that was a bigger waste. Grealish was in similar position to Son, he has scored 7 goals already, why didn't he shoot?!!!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

He's wildly inconsistent.

I love watching him, but talk about Jekyll and Hyde. 

There were times today when he made everything look easy, dinking the ball over players feet, clever reverse passes, sublime first touch. 

Then all of a sudden he under-hits a five yard pass or takes ages on the ball and gets caught out. 

He does appear to be adapting more and more to the pace of the Prem, but he still looks like he’s playing in second gear (physically and mentally) half the time. 

Hopefully the consistency and concentration will come with age - if it does he’s going to be an absolute baller. 

• Like 2

Â