Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

On 28/12/2019 at 18:38, PieFacE said:

Completely nothing player imo. Doesn't really do anything. 

Even though that's not his role he's scored a couple of screamers so far. Some good passing in other games.

He has more depth to his game than someone like Ashley Westwood and he's made a good career in the premier league since leaving us.

As others have said think in 2-3 years time Luiz will be on same career path as many of our 2015 intake.

• Like 1

city can have him back..he has no vision and is awful in midfield,he cant defend and always looks like he has a few mistakes in him?

Maybe its because the teams morale is at a all time low ?

but we are a shadow of the team that started the first 5 games thats for sure

Plays like an inexperienced kid who’s got some ability, which is exactly what he is.

An old head alongside him a la cambiasso when he went to Leicester could have been a master stroke. This priority on young signings is biting us on the arse quite badly. Need a leader in every line when you’re in the murky waters, there’s just no responsibility shown.

to say the kid can’t pass forward or has no ability is overblown and frankly untrue, but yes he does need something different alongside him. I’ve seen more from him than I saw from Veretout for example who’s gone on to some pretty special stuff and he had on paper a perfect midfield partner in idrissa next to him most of the time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Inspiration said:

Plays like an inexperienced kid who’s got some ability, which is exactly what he is.

An old head alongside him a la cambiasso when he went to Leicester could have been a master stroke. This priority on young signings is biting us on the arse quite badly. Need a leader in every line when you’re in the murky waters, there’s just no responsibility shown.

to say the kid can’t pass forward or has no ability is overblown and frankly untrue, but yes he does need something different alongside him. I’ve seen more from him than I saw from Veretout for example who’s gone on to some pretty special stuff and he had on paper a perfect midfield partner in idrissa next to him most of the time.

I have a feeling if the team play well and he has the players around him, Doug will be excellent  but while we are doing what we are currently doing he will do his best impersonation of a headless chicken

Not that it mattered but how did he cock up that chance at the end? Grealish aside I don't think there is another player in the squad that I'd have preferred that chance to fall to, though to be fair it was probably just fatigue. 

Much better from him today. The attempted chip over the keeper was poor. If he'd been more aware he could have played it to his left and an oncomjng Villa player to have a lot of the empty goal to aim at. 

I hope he keeps improving as he clearly is a decent player. 

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Very good player. Does some baffling things at times but then you remember he's only 21.

Your right, he is only 21. Im not a Big fan but i see him improving. I guess as he improves stuff like the lob he tried will probably come off. Im looking forward to seeing  him improve. 

Edited by Danishlad

Â