Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 hour ago, ramshackler said:

He winds me up posting videos to Instagram of him driving whilst filming himself and talking into camera whilst doing 50/60mph. Idiot will end up killing someone

Seems to be latest craze with a lot of people. I agree it’s silly but It’s actually legal. Anyway how do you know he is doing 50/60mph?

7 hours ago, M_Afro said:

He’s 21 years old, playing his first season in the UK, in a struggling side. He has scored a couple of great goals and has shown some real ability. Shall we give him more than 5 minutes before we write off the next 15 years of his life?

No....because the spoilt princess brigade want instant success....we are Aston Villa after all god dammit!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

No....because the spoilt princess brigade want instant success....we are Aston Villa after all god dammit!!

What has always fascinated me is that most of these posters who seem to crave immidiate success and point to us being a big club etc. they come across as too young to have actually seen us win anything. Shit I am 35 and the only thing I've seen us lift are a couple of league cups. 

I can understand if some of the titans on here they remember 57 and 81 etc. expect more cause they've seen it. But the rest of us? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

What has always fascinated me is that most of these posters who seem to crave immidiate success and point to us being a big club etc. they come across as too young to have actually seen us win anything. Shit I am 35 and the only thing I've seen us lift are a couple of league cups. 

I can understand if some of the titans on here they remember 57 and 81 etc. expect more cause they've seen it. But the rest of us? 

Exactly....been supporting the Villa since January 1990 when my first match, i was in the old Holte end for the FA Cup game against Port Vale....only ever seen the two league cup wins in the 90's and the two runners up in the league, again in the 90's. Yes I was alive in 81 and 82 but wasn't following football at all then.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, M_Afro said:

He’s 21 years old, playing his first season in the UK, in a struggling side. He has scored a couple of great goals and has shown some real ability. Shall we give him more than 5 minutes before we write off the next 15 years of his life?

It reminds me of the season we went down. People writing players off just because our whole team was in dire form/a difficult situation. People wrote off Gueye, Veretout, Adama. Someone else said we should release Grealish 😂😂😂

I mean even at that time, you could tell that all of the above were good players. Grealish has been a special talent from day one.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, M_Afro said:

It reminds me of the season we went down. People writing players off just because our whole team was in dire form/a difficult situation. People wrote off Gueye, Veretout, Adama. Someone else said we should release Grealish 😂😂😂

I mean even at that time, you could tell that all of the above were good players. Grealish has been a special talent from day one.

7 hours ago, New_Hope said:

Is this a case of 'the spoilt princess brigade' wanting 'instant success', or is it just that some people don't think he deserves a place in the first team currently? Saying 'suddenly the buyback clause doesn't seem like an issue' isn't at all the same as 'he'll never be any good' or 'why isn't he brilliant now' or 'why aren't we winning the league'.

Very mature performance from a 21-year-old. I've said it since he first arrived (so am obviously biased), but I really think this lad is going places.

It's very noticeable that his teammates have confidence in him, which can't be said of a few of our players. He takes the ball under pressure and usually does something useful with it.

Edited by KentVillan

Â