Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Obviously Grealish MOTM. Luiz second best for me. Driven performance.

Showed willing to get on the ball in a nervy side. Got balls this lad.

First time I’ve really liked him. We all know he’s wonderful technically but today he showed heart, determination and a real engine to run out the game. Gave away a couple of silly fouls and had a few poor touches but if he plays every game with this aggro and grit I’m sure he will be a wonderful asset.

Edited by The Hawk
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, The Hawk said:

First time I’ve really liked him. We all know he’s wonderful technically but today he showed heart, determination and a real engine to run out the game. Made a couple of silly fouls and had a few poor touches but if he plays every game with this aggro and grit I’m sure he will be a wonderful asset.

He's also new to the league, in relative terms. At 21, he's one of our most valuable assets IMO.

• Like 2

Great performance until the last 10 minutes where it seemed like the nerves started showing through. At 21 that's not surprising. That type of pressure packed performance is how you grow as a player. More of the same Douglas. 

6 minutes ago, Farlz said:

One of his best performances for us in the league. Super clearance off the line as well. 

That was unbelievable.

The team needed that. Everyone in the ground was resigned to that going in except him.

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Honestly wasn't massively impressed all round but he worked hard and put in a decent defensive display.

I know what you mean but we're working with scraps right now.

Anyone showing some bravery to play will get a huge thumbs from me. Jack can't do it all on his own.

• Like 2

I thought he played very well, one of our more comfortable players on the ball which is what we need more of. Just need to find the right midfield combination, I don't think it's helping us or our players at all that it seems every week we seem to have a different combination of players playing in the middle.

• Like 1

He worked very hard today, he still has moments off the ball when he switches off, but he can move the ball really quickly and he put in a great shift today. I bang on about it a bit, but he's still really young and there's a lot of pressure in being asked to step up into McGinn's shoes - but he made a good start to it today.

• Like 1

You can't put a price on goal line clearances but any player in situ is going to throw his leg at a ball coming at the goal line.

I am surprised at so many positive comments on here.  I thought he was woeful.  Poor passing and the number of unnecessary fouls he gave away was criminal.  Time and again we were put under pressure from fouls he gave away. I thought he was a liability most of the game. 

• Confused 1

Â