Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

For giving away that penalty I would happily drive him there myself.  More brains in a pork pie.

I mentioned his unnecessary fouls against Norwich putting us under pressure and got a load of confused responses. Absolutely zero need to give that away, no need whatsoever. 

• Like 2

Giving away the penalty was brainless and you could see he did so purely out of emotion when they didn't kick the ball out.

Have to say he was one of the few bright spots for me apart from that, purely because he was one of the few to show a bit of balls once everything fell apart. Whether things came off he was actively looking for the ball when we went 3 down and was always looking to provide an outlet and attempt to make things happen. It's more than can be said of other midfielders we have/have had that have done the polar opposite in that situation, and if nothing else shows the sort of character we'll need for the absolute slog that's going to be ahead of us in the coming months.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, lexicon said:

A stupid mistake for the pen but one of the only ones putting a shift in and trying to make things happen. He's very good and we desperately need other players of his standard in the side. 

Criticism of him reminds me of the simpletons who used to whinge about Gana.

Agree completely with this. He's the least of our problems!

• Like 1

? Yet again was rubbish. Had more of the ball than any other player bar jack and gave it away or suicide passes 75% of the time.

Tackles ? Nope

Headers ? Nope

Bottle and coward shoulder jumps instead of headers ? Yep

Bottle and coward shoves instead of tackles ? Yep

Accurate passing to players in space ? Nope

Control ? Nope

Correct decision making? Nope

The most over rated player in the team. Being Brazilian and kind words from a former manager are buying him an awful lot of excuses and followers.

Was I excited when we got him ? Yep I was hoping for a skillful player with some fight. Whether it was pure lazy prejudice on my behalf due to him being Brazilian and talked up ? Clearly.

No use for him at this stage in our teams development as he and his fellow compatriot are at least 50% of the reason we are so shit. Keep the ball and pass it to players in a villa shirt, run, tackle, head the ball and it becomes easy. Keep it and then make suicide pass due to spending far too long on the ball or just passing it to the opponents not tackling or heading it and it becomes a very difficult game.

• Confused 1

Yep still woeful I said a while back....b b but but he scored two great goals.... yeah whatever. Too lightweight and a fair weather player like Hourihane. Ability is there obviously but when the going is tough there is no impact. I think our midfield setup really is the weak link. We need a proper boss in there! 

• Like 1

Looks bare minimum. I think though he's probably a reflection of how poor our coaching is. I think they signed this kid thinking he was gonna tear it up. Needed no work. He's raw. Has talent. Poor work rate, doesn't look to be improving on his mistakes.

On 27/12/2019 at 13:51, Zatman said:

I liked Luiz little celebration when he cleared it, Mings and Heaton do it but I want my defenders to be celebrating when make a block or a tackle. Not all the time but the crucial ones. Look at any top Italian defender and its what they do. Keeping a clean sheet should be like scoring a goal

Your mate Matt Ryan is always doing it after practically every save with a fist pump.😉

Anyway the highs and lows of Doug Luiz. Won us the three points in Norwich game with the amazing clearance (we wouldn't have won if we'd gone 1-0 down imo) and showed his naiveness at this level when charging into Deeney when there was no need at all. An experienced defender would've just stood close to him.

Frustrating but it's clear to me he does have talent so we need to stick by him although I take it he'll still be departing for Brazil in a few weeks? Edit: didn't see he had been omitted. Can't we change Wesley's birth date and send him there instead?!

Edited by VillaChris

Â