Björn Engels

Delphinho123

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Why?, because our defence overall is so much better and we dont concede goa........oh wait....

I agree Mings is critical to our team and defence, but I dont think its critical that he is central.

Engels and Mings could both help marshal the defence and support konsa.

I think the only reason Mings is so critical centrally recently is he has two inexperienced players alongside him in konsa and Hause. 

Playing left central would also allow him to burst forward a little more which he is actually quite good at.

You want the sweeper to have pace. 

On 01/02/2020 at 14:52, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

One thing in defence of the club is that neither Konsa or Hause have any history of picking up injuries (hopefully this doesn't jinx them).

I'd also presume that Revan and maybe Mungo Bridge might be training with the seniors now and might be impressing. It is easier for young centre halves to come into a back 3 than a back 4 too.

ConcernedWarmAntbear-size_restricted.gif

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, djdabush said:

To me it looked like Smith binned him off after that Leicester game, but given he seemed half fit and plenty of other players had similarly poor games it's one I've never understood.

It was Southampton which was his last game before his exile for a month bar the cup game at Fulham.

I'm amazed he hasn't been starting since we've gone three at the back as he seems like a defender who'll be comfortable in that and also helps he has two either side so he dosen't get as exposed.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Can't excuse that. He doesn't have the concentration for this league. He's messed up time after time. Replace in the summer. 

All of our defenders have messed up multiple times. This is bound to happen when you concede so much pressure, chances and shots as we do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

All of our defenders have messed up multiple times. This is bound to happen when you concede so much pressure, chances and shots as we do.

All he had to do was to control a long ball going towards him. He was under no pressure. He could head it, volley it, take it down, body it. He could do pretty much ANYTHING, yet what he decides to do is to let the ball bounce under him. Just absolute dog shit defending. Nothing to do with anything, but shit football from Engels. 

Even before that he didn't play well. He had a ball bounce over his head to let them through 1 on 1 earlier in the second half, whiffed an easy header, and gave the ball away loads. The penalty wasn't harsh either, it was poor judgement. 

Goal aside, he had a **** mare, I can see why he's not been playing.

Yes it was bad his giveaway and we should be taking a point from this, he had been solid throughout the game really and I feel gutted for him.

Dont give him to much crap because he did bring us back into it and that deserves something.

• Like 1

Â