Björn Engels

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

4th fastest recorded in PL apparently. Wasn't Southampton around time he was injured?

https://www.givemesport.com/1529716-the-fastest-players-in-the-premier-league-so-far-this-season-have-been-revealed

Soyuncu, Shane Long and Phil Foden the fastest 3?! Adama Traore and Raheem Sterling not even on the list? Not sure how they are calculating these "speeds"

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Good to see him play a part in the Chinese New Year video. Doesn’t seem like a player that has fallen out with the club. 

Then again if he is told to do it he probably has too.

Looks perfectly happy in the training videos on the site as well. Just not in the team at the moment. Nice to have some depth. Wonder if we will rotate v Leicester at all?

15 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Looks perfectly happy in the training videos on the site as well. Just not in the team at the moment. Nice to have some depth. Wonder if we will rotate v Leicester at all?

Hope not we need to get Ally up to speed in the formation we are most likely to play moving forward.

1 hour ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I don’t think Bjorn will be playing up front 😜

Stranger things have happened. 

DZXcnuYWAAAFYRH.jpg

Edited by sidcow
  • Sad 1

What is actually going on here?

Supposedly he is match fit and we are playing with a 3 man CB formation and he's still not making the bench.

He hasn't been fantastic but for me he's been pretty much on par with Konsa and Hause, maybe even ahead.

Is he injured, has there been a falling out or something off field? Is he being punished for his agent Evert Maeschalck speaking out about our transfer dealings?

As well as eventually bringing Engels to Villa Park, Sport/Foot reveal Maeschalck also helped Aston Villa in their efforts to sign both Wesley and Nakamba.

He remains modest, however: “I just helped with the exchange of information and allowed the two clubs to get in touch”.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/pitarch-connection-helped-aston-villa-raid-belgian-market-summer-helped-three-transfers/

What is actually going on?

38 minutes ago, sne said:

What is actually going on here?

Supposedly he is match fit and we are playing with a 3 man CB formation and he's still not making the bench.

He hasn't been fantastic but for me he's been pretty much on par with Konsa and Hause, maybe even ahead.

Is he injured, has there been a falling out or something off field? Is he being punished for his agent Evert Maeschalck speaking out about our transfer dealings?

http://sportwitness.co.uk/pitarch-connection-helped-aston-villa-raid-belgian-market-summer-helped-three-transfers/

What is actually going on?

Deano has said that Engels is fit but he just isnt making the match squad, so according to deano it's nothing more than that.

However, doesn't make sense to me.

If I were looking for a reason he isnt making the first 11 / back 3, might be that all of the current back 3 are quite agile and pacey so allow us to play a slightly higher line? (Hause maybe not agile but defo pacey)

However that doesn't wash for why Chester is on the bench and not Engels though, for me Engels is much better than chester regardless of the criteria you use.

I do wonder if something has happened internally, and I only wonder that because I literally cant understand why he wouldnt be in the squad over Chester at least.

If it is that deano rates Chester higher than Engels, and it is really that simple, I find that mind boggling.

Edited by MaVilla

Engels must have had a ding dong to be let out like he has, showed great promise I'm a first few games . Would like to see him in the middle with Ming's to the left and Konsa to the right . Hause isn't good enough in my opinion 

Edited by tinker
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, supermon said:

Well if Chester to Stoke is rumoured to happen and Chester is keen then we will need Engels back in the fold.

Chester can't go.  He needs to whop Grealish in the head with the Carabao Cup

• Haha 2

Â