Björn Engels

Delphinho123

If he signs I honestly can see him starting alongside Mings against Spurs.

He is strong in his tackle, physically imposing, and he can score from set pieces.

He is decent on the ball too. 

Another high potential player. If he has a good season he will be worth 30M.

15 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Not sure if this had been mentioned but it's also sensible because he's played with Wesley at Brugge and can probably help him settle + both speak Belgian if Wesleys English isn't fluent 

Belgian isn't a language 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Not sure if this had been mentioned but it's also sensible because he's played with Wesley at Brugge and can probably help him settle + both speak Belgian if Wesleys English isn't fluent 

He speaks belgian does he? 

I`m not to overly keen, when i read through his wiki, it seems he is extremely injury prone. Also whoscored lists his weaknesses as tackling (very weak) and passing (weak). But if Deano believe, in Deano we trust

5 minutes ago, siminjo said:

I`m not to overly keen, when i read through his wiki, it seems he is extremely injury prone. Also whoscored lists his weaknesses as tackling (very weak) and passing (weak). But if Deano believe, in Deano we trust

Quite baffling how a defender can be very weak at tackling and weak at passing, what exactly are his strengths then?

Anyone with the name Bjorn is welcome to my Villa. 

Seriously, would be a good and needed signing. He has experience and would be a safety net for Ezri who might take his time adjusting. Also with the injury history of Mings and whatever Chester’s situation is another center back was a big need. He probably won’t cost 20 mil either.

5 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Seriously, would be a good and needed signing. He has experience and would be a safety net for Ezri who might take his time adjusting. Also with the injury history of Mings and whatever Chester’s situation is another center back was a big need. He probably won’t cost 20 mil either.

image.jpeg.c7e7aedcfc12a24bbfd7b3afd6e7e7de.jpeg

29 minutes ago, siminjo said:

I too read his Wiki and got the same impression, but I think the regular injuries seemed to stop a couple of seasons ago.

I suppose that's the kind of thing you never get past, if you're a player that picks up a potential season ending injury every year, but from what I read, I got the impression that he got over these problems more recently.

30 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Quite baffling how a defender can be very weak at tackling and weak at passing, what exactly are his strengths then?

Aerial duels and concentration (how many mistakes the player does), seems like whoscore aggregate all the tried/successful passes/tackling attemps, and depending on how high the % of successes is, they give a rating of very good/good/i guess neutral/weak/very weak. So he must try a lot of tackles and passes, and not a high % of them are successful

16 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

No beard, no welcome

8 minutes ago, siminjo said:

Aerial duels and concentration (how many mistakes the player does), seems like whoscore aggregate all the tried/successful passes/tackling attemps, and depending on how high the % of successes is, they give a rating of very good/good/i guess neutral/weak/very weak. So he must try a lot of tackles and passes, and not a high % of them are successful

The stats are right there. 

39.7 passes per game, 3.8 of which are long balls for an 83.8% success rate last season. 

Seems fine.

Â