Björn Engels

Delphinho123

• 1 year later...

Up to October I thought he was looking a total bargain. Then he had a few below par games, was terrible at home to Southampton just before xmas and allegedly told DS he didn't fancy playing in a 3-5-2 and that was it pretty much.

Him and Gulibert basically had same career path here. Looked decent first 10 games then inevitably dipped and then both were completely frozen out post lockdown.

Edited by VillaChris

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

That mistake aginst spurs when son went straight through for a win i havent been so angry in a while

Average to shit smith signing 

He wasn't really a DS signing, Suso had a massive thing about signing players from Belgium for whatever reason. Wes, Nakamba and Samatta all signed within six months and while we got Engels from France he'd played for Brugge two years previously.

Konsa certainly was.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He wasn't really a DS signing, Suso had a massive thing about signing players from Belgium for whatever reason. Wes, Nakamba and Samatta all signed within six months and while we got Engels from France he'd played for Brugge two years previously.

Konsa certainly was.

Ironically worked out better than our last squad building sojourn into France despite Gana, Vertout and Amavi being way better than Engels Nakamba and Wes

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Konsa certainly was.

i remember an interview with smith where he said he had been keeping an eye on engels for a couple of years, inc. when he was at brentford.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Konsa certainly was.

What mavilla said. Smith said he had been dollowing engels for a while so im sure this is a smith signing

On 30/03/2023 at 19:48, VillaChris said:

Up to October I thought he was looking a total bargain. Then he had a few below par games, was terrible at home to Southampton just before xmas and allegedly told DS he didn't fancy playing in a 3-5-2 and that was it pretty much.

Him and Gulibert basically had same career path here. Looked decent first 10 games then inevitably dipped and then both were completely frozen out post lockdown.

I’m pretty sure that I claimed on here that he’d be our POTS after those few games, I was really impressed. 

Shows what I know 🤣

• 1 month later...
On 01/04/2023 at 08:57, av1 said:

I’m pretty sure that I claimed on here that he’d be our POTS after those few games, I was really impressed. 

Shows what I know 🤣

If it's any consolation I thought he was a fantastic player lol. 

Thought he had some ballplaying skill and emery would definitely have improved him but think we made the right decision to move him on when we did. Don't think things were good between him and smith at one point were they? seemed he never really took to us or we him

Â